1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From what I heard...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Dec 2, 2005.

1. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

All of the above. :D :D

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Wow - you are new around here, aren't you?

Doc Rocket is a legend.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're right. I double-checked, and he gets the number you mentioned.

Don't know how I mixed up that number.

He's a good player, in any case. Young and reasonably intelligent.

I don't know if he's the answer, but we need to make some moves, fast.

4. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

"Take him to Detroit."

"NOO!!! Not DETROIT!! NO!! PLEASE...!!"

<hr>
    "We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude..."

God I love that movie. :D

5. DribbleHooper

Cookies take both. :p

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

so, honestly, i know this is sacrilige around here--but can someone remind me what major deal Doc has really scooped us on? I've been around for a while and all I can really remember is a little bit about Yao coming here (not that there was really ever any question...) and maybe a little bit about the T-Mac deal. Anything else? Please refresh me. I am a little bit skeptical.

7. DribbleHooper

I feel like I just read the basketball equivalent of Nostradamus' quatrains.

8. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

As am I. He has never straight up called anything, unlike IC2000 who straight up let us in on the Alston/James trade beforehand and other things. Just drop the bomb on any info you have and cut the vagueness. I don't see what the big deal is. Not like anyone knows who you are behind that moniker.

9. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Doc has had inside information before anyone else, he posts it vaguely because 1) Like Clutch, he hears things but refuses to put it out there because the source where he got it from may very well see it here, sometimes its privleged information, just be glad we get to hear tidbits of it. 2) He probably gets a kick out of seeing how many people flock to his thread and reading his insider info and getting everyone excited about their favorite basketball team.

I won't lie when I first got to clutchcity.net as it was known then I didn't get it with the whole "insider" thing, but over time I got it and realized how great it is to have a fan site where "people in the know" share some of that info. Hell this site has scooped quite a few stories, trades, etc. before local media. If you're not too sure of what Doc has contributed look at this thread for starters and look at the early members and how they react to the information. Use the search function and look at some of Doc's earlier posts.

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

I want to know more about this Troy Murphy being shopped business: says who? Why?

From what I've seen of him, he'd be great for this team.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Goodness.. . the reminds me of someone
    without the contract. . who the hell is it

hhhmmm . . OH YEA .. . wasn't that PADGE's Description

Rocket River

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thanks Doc,

I doubt we are shopping Alston because he has barely played, and he's the only point guard (i don't even count Mooch) on our team

I'm sure we are shopping Swift because Doc said so, and also because he can't play basketball (am I the only guy who's watched in moron play?)

I'm sure we've been shopping Wesley as far back as this offseason, but we must not have many takers (i wouldn't hold my breath for great return value)

My hunch is that JVG is safe for this season, and that they would make some roster adjustments before they made a coaching change (remember that JVG has never missed the playoffs in his entire career).

If we can move Wesley, Moochie, and Swift for even one impact player, I think it would help our team dramatically. Alston is coming back healthy and T-Mac continues to get his wind back. The only problem I forsee is how we shore up both our obvious need at the 4 (Howard is the worst pf in the WEst), and how we shore up our backcourt. I doubt Wes, Mooch, and Swift will net us enough to fill both of those voids. (also, we could use another sf)

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I think that if they (Rockets) crash and burn this season then the proverbial clock will have started ticking on JVG's tenure here in Houston.

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Again, could you give me a specific on what big deal he's scooped us on that's happened before? I've been around this site for quite a while now and don't really remember something this guy has nailed right on the head. I remember him talking about Yao cominng, but, uh...I think that was a no brainer. He had a little bit of info on T-Mac, but everyone and their mother knew about that deal. I searched through all of his old posts and didn't really find anything significant.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Clutch has personally vouched for him and he knows who he is...and that is enough for me.

DD

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Same here.

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I'd give up my first born for Doc.

18. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I'd give up your first born for Doc as well.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No, he knew about the T-Mac deal well before anyone else. Your memory seems a bit hazy.

20. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

what are you talking about? there was at least a dozen RealGM trades for Tmac and our former players for years!!! :D