1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Gundy II!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 3, 2005.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I don't need Eddie Johnson to tell me anything. I've seen almost all of the games.

Isn't Van r****d suppose to be a defensive genius? :rolleyes:
    I don't care where we rank in points given up per game. That has alot to do with Gundy trying to replicate the good ole days of Fratello style Cavs ball. S

Freakin moron!!!!!

We freakin suck on defense! Our defense to close out games is absolutely pathetic. Sorriest defense I have seen EVER.

Lets not even talk about the offense. A team with Yao and Tmac should be exciting to watch. This team is anything but.

Live it my ass. It should be Suck it!

Why do we even have Swift? Let the guy start for a few games, give him 40 minutes per night and lets see what he does. Now the idiot might be trying to trade him?!?!

I dont care that Tmac has only been back one game. We still shouldn't have lost all of those games with Yao.

Why is Yao setting screens up top?
    Why is Yao forced to run after the guards up top?
    Why is Swift not playing more?
    Why is Luther not given more freedom?
    Why do we suck on defense?
    Why do we suck on offense?
    Why can't we rebound worth a crap?
    Why are we forced to watch this crap?
    Why are we 4-12 when we have Yao and Tmac?
    Why is Van r****d still our coach?

Les has to see the ocean of empty seats and hopefully realizes that its because the Rockets are beyond boring to watch. Nobody wants to watch this GARBAGE!!!

The day Jeff Van r****d gets fired will be one of the of happiest days of my life. I would rank it right up there iwth drafting Yao and trading for TMac.

Everybody come on ------- FIRE GUNDY!!!!!!!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where do I sign?

:)

DD

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Here we go again...

4. R0ckets03

I wish I was at the game tonite. I really believe I could have gotten him fired or atleast been thrown out of the game trying.

5. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

please for the love of god explain to me from the little you have seen of swift, why on earth would you want 40 minutes of that? he'd foul out well before then.

6. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Count me in. It won't be to long looking at the expression Les has sitting on the sideline.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The last time we did this, the team took off. Lets hope lightning strikes twice.

8. R0ckets03

Because Juwon Howard is pretty useless out there anyways. I just want to be sure Swift is just as useless before we try to trade him.

And what has Gundy's coaching staff done to improve our big man's game. Van r****d has that freakin monkey boy, Gold Club going Ewwwing. He is total crap.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Moses Malone, Bill Walton have offered to coach Yao and we have not taken up their offer. Hakeem I am sure could be convinced. But nooooooo... he wants to stick with those mother freakin Knicks!!!! :mad:

Man **** Gundy!

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Jeff Van Gundy's old knick's basketball is outdated.

He was and is a good coach, but he just don't know how to adjust his system and himself to the changes in NBA. He is NOT a top tier coach.

I laughed when someone suggested that JVG has to have all the right players to win. But 1. every losing coach can use this excuse. 2. JVG himself picked most of players in the current roster.

Too bad we have to stick to him at least to the end of this year. Les won't give his money away for nearly 3 years for nothing.

10. Panda

Panda Member

At 2:58 left in the 4th quarter, Yao did a perfect run, catch and shoot. Why don't you make Yao do more of that, instead of making him a robot down low, JVG? :mad:

11. qian

qian Contributing Member

Swift is uncoachable but JVG is no good coaching him either. He is even worse than his days in Mems

FIRE JVG

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Ok.. so everyone who wants to fire JVG NOW.. WHO DO WE GET TO STEP IN??

I'm not for or against it right now, but look at the facts.. Les just cut JVG a new contract and there isnt any good coaches out there to take his place..

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It is getting harder to justify keeping Van Gundy around. The Rockets' perimeter defense this season has been piss poor, and defensive field goal percentage and points per game allowed are overrated statistics if the team averages 85 points a game offensively. As Rockets03 pointed out, it's basically a repeat of the mid-90s Cavs.

I could almost tolerate this team's offensive struggles if they were able to close games defensively as in years past. But if they continue to stink it up at both ends of the floor as the season wears on, they need a major shakeup, and not just in terms of player personnel.

14. R0ckets03

Bingo Amigo! He is too God damn stubborn to change his system! Why can't we run zone defense once in a while to protect Yao?

Maybe Gundy doesn't know zone defense is legal?

15. lalala902102001

I concur.

Fire Jeff Van Gundy!!

The baldie needs to go. That's the only way to save the season.

16. R0ckets03

Didn't Jimmy Williams of the Astros get fired weeks after signing an extension?

Doesn't matter either way. I don't care who we hire to fill in for Gumby. Anyone should be better. My mom would be better. At least she would tell Tmac and Yao to do their thing.

I know it would never happen, but you know who would be perfect for this team? Rudy Tomjanovich! :(

17. heymak

heymak Contributing Member

This is a good omen. Last year when these threads started we turned things around. Oh yeah, FIRE Grumpy.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rudy of old, maybe. But not the one who couldn't last more than half a season with the Fakers and only plays ISO offense.

What this team needs is someone who can take advantage of T-Mac and Yao offensively. How can a team with those two players score only 75 points at home?

19. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

FIRE GUNDY

*clap clap, clap clap clap*

FIRE GUNDY

FIRE GUNDY

20. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I will repeat what I have been saying since we got TMac: PJ is the only coach that can take it to win titles. He has done it before many times on numerous occasions.

Phil Jackson is, and will always be the best coach for a Yao+TMac tandem.

Case closed. JVG's ugly Knick ball style is outdated. Even Rudy can do much better than him with this team.