1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Osama Bin Laden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This guy mastermind the killing of over 3000 Americans. . .
    and no one in the government seems too concerned about bring him to JUSTICE

Does this bother anyone but me???

Rocket River

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

OBL all but disappeared the from the American, and especially political, lexicon once the Iraq war started.

A damn dirty shame.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Clinton had his chance. See my sig, where Clinton himself admits that he didn't accepts Sudan's offer of bin Laden because of a legal technicality. The liberals should take note, since they are so reluctant to arrest terrorists (see the Jose Padilla case)...

#3 El_Conquistador, Dec 2, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  4. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

And now Bush has his. Two wrongs don't make a right.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What do you mean no one seems concerned?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Osama free in 2005?

[​IMG]

It's Clinton's fault,
    It's Clinton's fault,
    It's Clinton's fault...

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's too bad Clinton didn't have Bush's leadership and vision. You can't let legal technicalities stop you from protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States.

8. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Well, it didn't stop Lincoln. ;)

(No I'm not comparing Bush to Lincoln, so put the flamethrowers away :p)

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Criticism will get him to be a better President...

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Q: Mr. President, in your speeches now, you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that?

BUSH: ... I don't know where he is. Nor -- you know, I just don't spend that much time on him really, to be honest with you...

Q: Do you believe the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead of alive?

BUSH: As I say, we hadn't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, you know, again, I don't know where he is. I'll repeat what I said: I truly am not that concerned about him.

13 march 2003

11. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Member

That is a total lie. The whole "Bin Laden was offered to Clinton on a platter" is a complete farse and is only "believed" by the likes of Sean Hannity. That whole thing was started first of all from a unreliable and unbelievable source who was not a government official and was NEVER comfirmed by the Sudanese government.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ok fine clinton admits it, so do all his supporters, fine?

now that OBL has done worse crimes where is the action NOW?

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D
    By the way, RR, what do you mean no one seems concerned?! I'm sure everyone is concerned he hasn't been caught yet. And there is no way in hell there isn't some kind of operation taking place RIGHT now to try and capture him.

We just haven't been successful since Clinton decided not to get him.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For the record
    AT THAT TIME . .. I don't think he had RAMMED TWO JETS INTO THE SIDE OF TWO BUILDINGS

After he did such an Act I would think his POTENTIAL threat became and ACTUAL Threat

If someone has a gun . . . you may or may not shoot him to protect your self
    but
    AFTER HE TAKES A SHOT AT YOU . . YOU TAKE HIM OUT!

The Iraq war is ambiguious at best as far as being connected to 9/11
    HOWEVER
    BIN LADEN was OUR GUY . . we said HE DID IT . ..

If we cannot bring him to just . .. bring Suddam in MEANS NOTHING!!!

Rocket River
    OVER 3000 AMERICANS DESERVE JUSTICE
    and OUR GOVERNMENT IS NOT GIVING IT TO THEM
    THAT IMO IS UNAMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

well the majority of the country did vote for our leader. either he is doing something right, or it says something odd about our voters.

16. Major

Major Member

You want to know why we haven't found him? Here's our brilliant CIA director explaining it:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/29/cia.alqaeda.ap/index.html

Al Qaeda leaders bin Laden and al-Zarqawi haven't been found "primarily because they don't want us to find them and they're going to great lengths to make sure we don't find them," Goss said in the interview broadcast Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Life would be so much easier if only they wanted us to find them. :(

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah...the second time.

18. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

We couldn't agree more.

Signed,

Desperate Housewives (#1 rated TV show)
    Two and a Half Men (#1 rated sitcom)

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your sig is one of the most hilarious fallacies there are. I have listened to it, and even posted about it.

The claim that Clinton had the chance to get Bin Laden in Sudan is just plain wrong. It is a lie. You can check with all the officials. Sudan wasn't offering Bin Laden. Clinton did in fact reach out to Sudan and try to get them to offer up Bin Laden, they did not. I've posted this every single time you have been foolish enough to bring it up.

At this point I would say everyone else has read it, if you want to feel free to use the search..

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Click on the link in my sig, then once you are there, click on the audio link. You will hear Clinton admit *in his own words* that he declined Sudan's offer of bin Laden. Are you here to argue with Clinton's own words? That's going to be tough.

And Rocket River, if you don't think bin Laden had committed any crimes prior to 9-11, you are simply ignorant to history. The embassy bombings in Africa were two notable examples in a long list of atrocities. Backing warlords against the US in Mogadishu is another example.

Read about how bin Laden lived in Sudan, and then think to yourself how easy it would have been for the Sudanese to apprehend him and hand him over. That's exactly what they offered, but Clinton declined because of a legal technicality.

During his four years in Sudan, bin Laden appeared to live the life of a successful Arab businessman, owning a large, white mansion in an affluent neighborhood near the airport. Even by Western standards, the house was luxurious. A large white fence surrounded his compound, which held a lush garden.

Everyone we spoke with in Khartoum was familiar with the former terror-resident and no one seemed surprised when we asked to go to some of his old stomping grounds. Less than a block away from his old house, we found the mosque where bin Laden worshipped.

Bin Laden was well known in Khartoum even before he became the world's most wanted terrorist. In Sudan, bin Laden was a prominent member of the business community — he owned at least 35 companies, employed an estimated 4,000 workers and was responsible for building many of the major roads in and around the capital.