1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A&M vs UT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Nov 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

I think it's very sad how it's evidently OK to throw around "***" and "queer" when trying to insult people in this forum. :(

2. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

I already said in that very same post that it was not classy and that I said it to prove the point that stereotypes are stupid. Instead of getting on me, why don't you get on your fellow Longhorn and tell him not to stereotype saying that all Aggies are hicks. I am about as far from a hick as possible.

As a school, UT is extremely classy. Your band's performance at Kyle Field in 1999 solidified that sentiment. However, people like Svpernaut give Longhorns a bad name. If Aggies are called hicks, then don't expect people to just take that and move on. If an Aggie had called UT students fags unprovoked, I don't think you and your fellow Longhorns would just accept it. If you can do that, then you are a better man than me.

Maybe I should not have stooped to the Svpernaut's level in throwing a stereotype. I apologize. I have repeatedly said that the comment was wrong. Now I feel like patting myself on the back. I merely responded to Svpernaut's stupid comment to prove a point and yet I am the first to apologize and realize that my comment was wrong. Not a single Longhorn supporter on this board has said that the hick comment was uncalled for. That is disappointing.

3. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Please reread my post where I said "***." Of course it is not OK to do that. As I have said repeatedly in multiple posts, I did it to show how stupid it is to stereotype. It most definitely is not OK to call people fags and queers. I am sorry I opened a Pandora's Box in trying to illustrate one poster's ignorance and stupidity.

On a side note, it is also sad that it is okay to call people hicks. I have apologized repeatedly for saying "fags." Not a single Longhorn has said anything condemning that comment. The word has an extremely negative connotation with many people.

#123 AggieRocket, Nov 25, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  4. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Did you guys hear this yet? One of the ROTC cadets was in charge of cleaning up horse turds from the cavalry horses. After the game he scooped up some in his shovel and flung it towards the Longhorn Marching Band, hitting several with horse crap.

Wow.

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

not surprising...there are bad apples in every bunch. overall, though i still respect a lot of aggie fans because they have class, of course there are some who don't as there are horns fans who don't, i've seen a share of them too. it's just sad that some people can't get past the end results of a football game, regardless of who won. it's just a game. you don't need to fling **** at people. that's something a 12 year old does, or something that will get you a reality show on MTV, whatever.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Getting so worked up over any sport is an activity barely worthy of a kid with Down's Syndrome.

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

...unless it's Rockets basketball. I am going to drive to Memphis now and take a dump in Gasol's Hummer.

8. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

^^^^
    lmao....great stuff. better pick battier though, he's the one who killed us tonight....hell just take some exlax and go wild in all of their cars.... :D

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hakeem06,

Fellow Bobcats should not fight. :D

Have fun at the game tomorrow!!

10. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

^^^
    sorry about that man. i just assumed you were the one throwing that around out there. regardless, tomorrow's game will be awesome. i invited my dad to come because i wanted him to experience texas state playoff football even though he's a die hard longhorn. he still goes for the cats though, hell his money is going there, why not? :D

11. Major

Major Member

You'll have to excuse bigtexxx. As a Rice alum, he hasn't experienced the idea of people not going to his school actually rooting for his team. He doesn't understand how normal it is, and is running out of lame putdowns of people, and has resorted to the stupidity of "you didn't even go there". Never mind that he's whining in a thread about two schools that he has no association with.

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Actually its none of those, i was at the game. He taunted the crowd , sat there and felt sorry for himself for losing the heisman. All sorts of things like that.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I heard he called the Aggie fans gay or something along those lines, because of their tradition and singing and swaying. This was a few days ago. I heard it through word of mouth, haven't seen anything publicized about it.

14. IC2000

He is a good college quarterback because of the run threat, all these other stats can be attributed to his supporting cast. He has all day to throw, and throws flat passes and 15 yard passes to wide open guys. Any average quarterback can make these passes.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So you can see the thoughts he has inside his head? Wow, those mind-reading skills are very impressive.

16. IC2000

thats what i saw and inferred and so did the announcers. Why the hell else would he be sitting like that when his team is getting one step closer to the national ch

17. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

LOL.

Too funny. :D

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

stay classy, college station.

although i guess with no smu cheerleaders around to stab with a sword, he had to find something to do.

19. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

It was in yesterday's Dallas Morning News. I don't have the link anymore, though. Long story short, he called Kyle Field fans a bunch of drunks and the swaying that Aggies do in the stands "ridiculous." Nothing too horribly bad, but not exactly smart, either. And it nearly came back to bite him in the ass today.

I was immensely proud of A&M today. I was among the many Aggie fans who thought this would be along the lines of 66-3. It's also depressing, because if A&M had played with this much heart all season, they'd be a hell of a lot better than 5-6. Most of that goes to coaching, or the lack thereof, I think.

And truth be told, I'm glad McNeal is moving on. For all his talent, he never morphed into the leader they needed him to be. And McGee is already showing that trait. The whole team seemed to feed off of his emotion today. I also saw some rumblings on Aggie message boards that there was more to McNeal sitting today out than a "high ankle injury." Hell, look at Jaxson Appel. He played with a broken rib and about 3 other injuries.

Great game. They should all be this good.

20. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Wow, it's sad to see so many fellow Rockets fans go so low with the poo throwing in this thread.. :(

This thread is looking like something out of the D&D