1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/22/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2005.

1. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Why doesn't shaq's stamina suck?

2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So is T-Mac due back soon....?

3. Kenrui

Kenrui Contributing Member

JVG will get pissed if Yao stays home to defend p&r. If you see laker or heat game, o'neal seldom chased player when defend p&r. I really think sometimes we should try zone defense, not the whole game, maybe 10mins per game. That will cover Yao's weakness most.

4. 12345

12345 Member

Shaq doesn't run around setting picks or guarding players at the perimeter. :p

5. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Coz he's the best center in his time, one of the greatest centers in all time. any more questions?

6. Kenrui

I have to say Yao is never to be Shaq and that is why Shaq is so unique. Let's lower out expectation and wish Tracy will come back soon.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

Yao does not suck. He was just damn tired, just count how many nights of 40 minutes Yao has played, some on back to back games.

Without TMac, Yao is fatigued by having to take all that beating guys give him and still play well both defensively and offensively. That's a lot to ask for even if you're Kevin Garnett.

I don't understand how can people be mad at a guy giving everything for the team.

Yao just ain't the smaller guys like TMac, Jordan that can played a lot of minutes and still be productive. If we can somehow use him better, and with Yao sitting down for a break, somebody else could still bring the scoring. We could have win some of the games we lost.

Luther Head as I have said before we drafted him, has heart, skill, talent, and will to win. Luther Head should be starting now that we have a PG shortage.

He could develop into a great 3 point shooter when Yao kick that ball out to him.

8. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

:D :D :D :D Stop making excuses for Yao...He just SUCKS...I agree with reggietodd...NO MORE EXCUSES FOR OWH_YAO !!!! I say when the Roxs fly back tonight that they send Yao on Air China.. :D

9. judoka739

judoka739 Member

i still do have faith that Yao can "breakthrough" and give me 25/10 night in and night out
    but as my faith fades, my frustration builds.....

in anycase, last year in the playoffs if we had a player with Head's offensive abilities, we would have for sure won the dallas series atleast.... i still have faith that by the end of the year this team will gel and be a serious finals contender.... we can still win it all if Yao is just a really good complementary player to Tmac, but our rebounds has got to get better...
    JVG is a "defensive" coach, but our team sucks at defense for the most part so what good is he???
    When yao is on the floor with 4 fouls running around everywhere, but not getting the ball consistently on offense, what good is he??
    Patrick hasn't taught yao anything, but please please teach him to box out....

10. dabien1

dabien1 Member

So this sounds like a "kink" in JVG's defensive scheme. I mean you just proved CASE and POINT about Shaq. What the heck is WRONG with staying home to defend the P&R?

11. rvpals

rvpals Member

How many games Shaq missed past few years?

How many games Yao missed past few years?

12. 12345

12345 Member

That's true too (by the way, I'm on your side...)

13. reggietodd

hmm excuses...

yao = david carr
    stamina = O-line

14. Kenrui

actually camby is better than yao so far this season. but all star game is not for who plays best, otherwise let data and writers vote it.

15. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Everyone should actually stop complaining about this loss, of all the losses this game people stepped up such as Head DA finally finally found his shot. We were winning the whole first half without tmac the late offensive second chance points killed us but what do you expect this was the Mavericks and we are playing with out Tmac Yao didnt show up in the second half but he will learn. DA stroked his shot and Head man did this guy show up (this is where Houston signs a dude to a 10 yr 100 mill contract and he ends up like Mooch or Cato haha jk) but seriously no could honestly exprect with the team that went out against the Pacers would we be able to handle the Mavs but we did Our team has late 4th Quarter problems. Turning point in game was when Diop hit 1 of 2 on a intentional by Barry and then we miss they get the borad shoot miss and diop kicks out to Dirk for three and then Terry also in the corner. Rockets need to focus on stamina and getting Tmac healthy, I like this Luther HEad man is he good.

16. 12345

12345 Member

Too bad Camby will only play around 50-60 games.

17. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

Here we go..More Excuses for Yao...He gets the MAX...and he is an NBA PLayer...He better play his arse off and he better be find some stamina some where because I paid $169 for my NBA League Pass... :D

18. reggietodd

fair enough, but I was told in an earlier post that the more you weigh the less stamina you have.

19. judoka739

judoka739 Member

dude, im soo pissed about the game... esp against dallas.... i've never posted this much before in my life

20. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Actually the Rockets defense in this game was pretty good.

We forced a lot of tough shots and misses....but REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS hurt us in the end (deja vu of every previous game)

If you give a team several 2nd and 3rd chances (let alone the MAVS) you're going to get burned because all that tough good D you played is negated and exhausted.