1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/22/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2005.

1. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

Yao is MR. HALFTIME.

Have a play, half game, half a step slow and half a season kind of guy.

Every year you expect the guy to take the next corner but he dissapoints you everytime.

Last year early in the season Van Gundy gave him the ball to be the man. We tanked all those games until the offence was given to Mcgrady.

This year Mcgrady is out with an injury and our game is given back to him but what does he do? he drops the ball over and over. Everytime is goes down the stretch he dissapears. Blame this blame that but his trend is irrefutable

He drops 16-18 points in the first half (if we're lucky enough) then get 2-6 points on the 2nd half with barely a rebound to talk about.

I dont want to be mean but Ming is just sad . . . .

He is like a bunch of other players in this league that hasn't earned (or don''t deserve) the MAX.

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

you didnt actually think we'd win did you?
    we are due one more loss to Phoenix tomorrow before I see us turning this around.

You guys are a little frustrated and too hard on Yao and Swift.
    I think Swifts mental mistakes will be tamed by JVG somewhat over the season.
    And Yao, unfortunately this is so TRUE:

Just remember November was supposed to be a difficult month in the schedule.

#402 Gummi Clutch, Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  3. dabien1

dabien1 Member

I've always defended Yao but man, he sucks in the second half.

What is good is a player if they are 20-10 but disappear in the most important half of a game?

Unbelievable

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Then again, what about some zone defense? I was told another day that zone gives up lots of offensive rebounds, it's not like we aren't giving that up.

5. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

Until Yao starts to play, we will lose every game.

This team was built with the expectation Yao would be a star.

And he's not!!!

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Everybody ends up playing everybody virtually the exact same # of times... calm down.

There will be a future back to back where are opponents will be pretty bad teams (but I can't think of them right now, since we are the worst team in the western conference).

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

And some people think the Wolves would giveup KG of all people for Yao. :eek:

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Another mistake by Yao, not anticipating the pass from Head.

Anyways, the real dilemma here is that I can't blame Yao based on effort, but rather his size which makes him slow to react to ANYTHING, and his inability to use that frame of his to his advantage, leading instead to his sheer size becoming entirely a negative, limiting his abilities instead of enhancing his dominance of his opponents.

I am just really down because of Yao's repeated failure to deliver in the clutch, and it goes all the way back to last season as well, so nothing new here.

Oh, well, I am just pissed off now, so ignore me.

9. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

10. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

someone needs to explain to YAO what a ****ing box out is! :mad: How can you let a scrub like Diop beat you to so many rebounds???

And it's Yao's 4th year and he still prefers laying the ball up instead of dunking it. He raises his arms and it's already at rim level, but yet he'd rather softly lay the ball up. Is he afraid of hurting his hand when he dunks or something? It's ridiculous.

11. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

That was pretty Yao

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yao killed them tonight. Not so much with the missed shots(although those didn't help), but with the lack of defensive rebounds. There's no excuse for the Mavs to get that many 2nd chance opportunities. It's not like they've got a tall lineup in there themselves.

That being said, Luther Head was the man out there. He's a real find. Once T-Mac is healthy, if Head can keep this up, and Wesley and Anderson continue to emerge from their respective slumps, the Rockets will be back at .500 by the New Year.

I hope this is a turning point for the team much like last year's OT loss in Dallas(which also coincidentally put them 5 games under .500).

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I would give them a few extra players for free because I would feel bad about ripping them off.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

the rockets r becoming the new atlanta :(

15. judoka739

judoka739 Member

i seriously hate to admit it, but i am starting to wish we had... :(

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Asking Yao to play in a zone would be disasterous... IMO, the only NBA-quality player that can actually make a zone work in this league is KG... because in a zone, you need extreme mobility and recovery ability (two things that Yao does NOT have).

Give defenses credit... they force Yao to play the pick and roll (which he's actually not that bad at). I know Yao's rebounding will always suffer because of his slow reaction time.

I'm just more dissapointed in Yao's offense... at times, you can tell he'd rather be a power player... and other times, he's trying to flip up hook shots.... and he's not really doing either one of them really well right now.

I'd rather he spend more time working on that jump hook... he needs to get that back.

17. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Nope, those muscles are plainly useless - not for shooting, not for boxing out his opponents, not for catching passed thrown at him, not for grabbing rebounds

i tell you bro, i am disappointed, and i don't blame those who want to trade him

18. daigakusee

daigakusee Contributing Member

It's time...for the organization/media to stop coddling Yao. He needs to know how freaking average he's playing (I'm sure he is). Hopefully however, it'll act as a stimulus to perform better. After all no one likes to be called out for being mediocre.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I wish we drafted amare for sure. i got blasted for saying this last year, by our YOF Secret Service.

20. vizier

vizier Member

until his mum let his girlfriend sleep in his room.