1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wesley Doesn't Contribute Anything to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAID, Nov 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Wesley will be shooting 42% again in no time. By this time next month you whiners will love him.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wesley will probably end up being OK: not great; not spectacular; merely OK. He's OK in the same way that Howard is OK. They will be OK players for this season but come playoff time, you can be certain that their weaknesses will be exploited. We saw this script play out last year in Dallas when the Rocket guards were consistently beaten by players who were younger, faster and more athletic. Wesley's game has been slowly trending downhill now for 2 seasons and there's really nothing that can be done because JVG really doesn't have a viable alternative to turn to on this roster. They will need much better production at the guard & forward spots than they are getting before they can seriously contend. Unfortunately, that's the reality for now...

Folks should just accept things as they are and let this situation play itself out. There's still a lot of basketball remaining to be played.

3. chrisrobin

chrisrobin Member

Fact is, if the Rockets need to rely on Wesley to score 12-15 pts a night, then they are in trouble. DWes does so much more for this club besides being a scoring option. Has anyone noticed he gets quoted so much in the Chronicle about everyday. Why ? 'Coz he is a leader in the locker room. I personally think Wesley is the most likely to be traded this year, but I also see how VanGundy loves his play. On a team trying to play defense, he is probably the hardest worker, Yeah he is undersized and a little older and coming off knee surgery, but he makes no excuses. I wish Head gets a little more playing time and I think Barry is a better option than Wesley right now, but give it a little time and I'm sure Wesley will start shooting better and the Rockets will be just fine.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Actually, merely OK from the 2-guard and PF positions in the playoffs last year would have won us the series. As it was, Juwan "merely OK" Howard wasn't there, and we had to settle for Scott "severely overmatched" Padgett and Ryan "tries real hard" Bowen. And Wesley's shot was, yes, absent, meaning he was not his usual "OK" self.

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

...if there is anyone that can defend wesley after tonights game, let me hear it...

7. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

I Have to disagree with this subject. I'm not a huge Wesley fan, but the guy plays Defense and uses his fouls. Ginobli scored 4 pts on him and 4th and that was it, parker didn't score any on him. Rockets made their 2 huge runs in the 2nd and 4th quarter when wesley was in there. He got some boards and had a nice hustle steal. yeah, he shot isn't falling but who on the rockets ain't struggling with their shot. DA's shot ain't looking that great and his D is garbage. If anybody on this team who don't contribute it has got to be Juwan Howard, this guy is a joke. He many times is he going to do an illegal screen during a run to give the ball back. I sware he does that twice a game then smiles about it. At least stromile attempts to block a shot and put a hand in someone's face. U need to change this from David Wesley to Juwan Howard Sux, cause howard starts at PF and contributed 2pts and like 3 boards 2nite against SA.

8. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

It's a bit harsh to say he isn't contributing, but I'd have to say I'm really dissappointed in his play and effort thus far. Beyond the bricks, I'm noticing a definite difference in his body language and demeanor this season. He just doesn't seem like he wants to be out there. Could be frustration, could be personal, anything...I just hope he snaps out of it. To me, it looks like he's just going through the motions and doing what's asked of him when it comes to rotations, defending, positioning, etc but he's lacking the passion and effort that separates winners from losers. Everyone contributes on the team, but I don't think Wesley is adding much to team to get wins. I really hope JVG plays him less.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Also, I think he is not an enery guy coming off bench. I say start him!

10. choujie

choujie Member

My problem with Wesley is he no longer tries as hard as last year. It's ok for his shots not falling, but sometimes he doesn't play with high energy like he used to do.

11. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

The only thing I feel good about this game to Piston is my favorite Wesley is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. jsuspect

jsuspect Member

I laughed last night when Wesley selected himself on the giant allstar game ballot. You could see him pause, and ask himself why he's even on the ballot.

Of course, it could explain his decent game last night.