1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles is Pissed Off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KrisG, Nov 24, 1999.

1. KrisG

KrisG Member

2. wizard

wizard Member

yep and also you can tell from reading the article from the chronicle...about how the young players look at him and hakeem as old players instead of players they can learn from and also hes ready to get out after seeing how this league has changed..

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Ummm... didn't Barkley just a couple of days ago say that what ever happens to this team, everybody is going to keep their negative personal feelings to themselves are else he's going to kick their ass.

Im confused by this qoute from Hakeem Olajuwon:
    ..."Its like" Hakeem Olajuwon said somewhat facetiously of the kids today, "cell phones go off at halftime and somebody says, 'You have to shoot more."

Who in the hell is Hakeem talking about. I know Steve Francis took 20 shots, but so what! Does anybody know what Hakeem is talking about here?

4. The Hungarian Rocket

Sir Charles said: "It's hard to accept the fact that when you come in to watch film
    the TV will be on BET (Black Entertainment Television), and that
    when you're supposed to have guys ready to go at 4 o'clock, they
    won't get here until 4:30," Barkley said. "I've been pissed off
    about it all season, but that's the way the game is today."

????????????

------------------
    Peter Komlosi, alias KP.
    Student of Computer Technology
    University of Veszprem, Hungary
    komlosip@almos.vein.hu

5. Quick Sam Mack, since you were last seen in a cell phone store, pick one out for Hakeem and give him a call at half. Tell him he has to shoot less....

Thats two whiny comments Hakeem has made so far this year.

Funny thing is...Hakeem is complaining that in the game where he shoots less, the Rox actually won. Sounds way too SELFISH to be Dream. Cmon man you guys won one.

6. University Blue

BET? You can't blame Drew for trying to get his groove on...

7. green smurf

green smurf Member

University Blue- LOL

8. cyber dave

cyber dave Member

I beleive Charles was making reference to open bashing of teamates by naming names. I don't think he meant that no one should speak their mind as far as frustration about the whole club. I have noticed in many of his remarks that he often takes blame on himself, or states the whole team isn't performing well, not singling out his teamates by name ala Pimpen.

------------------
    When a man stands for nothing, he'll fall for anything.

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

tds99:

the funniest (saddest) thing about it is the last time he complained was when he had 30 touches against a shaqless lakers, went 5-18, and the rocks lost by a point...

dream, there will be times when we go to you quite a bit (friday for example), but i still liked your boxscore line last night... having trouble w/ the robinson nights ehhh???

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Who was guarding Dirk last night? Was it Barkley or Williams? I'm wondering who forgot to play defense. Or, perhaps the better question, is Dirk Nowitzki that good?? There has been a lot of hype about this kid and his stats tell me that he is playing up to potential. Is he, that good? Or did Barkley let him breeze on by.