1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much better is Yao than Pau Gasol???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaredg777, Nov 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

he's much better. Not a single GM in the league wouldn't swap the two if they had a chance.

Plus he doesn't flop around on the court like Cristiano Ronaldo when he comes within 10 feet of the goal box and then whine like a little baby. If I were an NBA referee working a Grizzlies game I would be sure to carry around a little yellow card and a little red card in order to make Pau feel at home.

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Statistically they're the same.

3. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

...so?

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yao is better, but I would trade SS and DA or RA in a heartbeat to bring him to Houston.

5. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Pau is better for now but I don't think he's got a lot more to improve. what you see now is the whole package.

Yao on the other hand has a lot of potential. When is he going to unleash everything? Who's the right person to coach him? I don't know.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I would take Pau Gasol over Yao any day. He even sports a mean beard. Yao can't touch that.

7. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I completely disagree, you are wrong, the second one is a banana rider. I laugh at your inability to tell the difference between a single dancing banana and a single dancing banana next to a banana rider.

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Pau is just more consistent, you know night in night out he can give u 25-12. and yao on the other hand is not very consistent although i think he has been this season so far. but we have to wait and see. i would say yao is better just becuz hes yao but pau is very well skilled

9. fa7999

fa7999 Member

If Pau were a consistent 25-12 guy, he would be the league MVP and the best player in the world. Case closed.

10. noize

noize Contributing Member

Well, you got a point...but hey, lets put KG's stats of his first 4 yrs up there two since its very similiar to Yao and Paul. :rolleyes:

11. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I would rather have Yao than Pau, however I would like to have the following short list of frontcourt players over Yao:

Ben Wallace
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Elton Brand
    Shaq
    Jermaine Oneal
    Amare Stoudamire

12. noize

noize Contributing Member

If we had swap Yao for Ben, who would be the 2nd option on offense? DA? Howard? RA? Swift maybe? I don't see how we would generate enough offense to win without Yao espeically when we're playing this bad...even Ben's mighty defense can't help us.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

If he put up 25/12 just half the time, then that means the other half of the time he'd be getting 11/4.

I don't know how much you follow them - but it probably only seems like a consistent 25/12 because we only hear the good games and don't peruse the box scores after every Griz game.

14. RealMadridFan

RealMadridFan Member

Yao has a better mid range J,both are about equal playing with his back to the basket,Gasol is better facing up the defender,Pau is a much better passer.
    Both are about the same at rebounding and shot blocking,maybe Yao is a slighty better rebounder.
    Overrall they are in the same level.
    It's a matter of personal preference.

15. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I would pick Lebron James over Yao Ming or Pau Gasol. :)

:rolleyes:

16. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Yao is at least 2 times minus 4 better than Gasol.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D I had just the dancing banana then saw that one riding the ....whatever that is. I had to edit and put it in there.
    :p

18. justcallmejoe

justcallmejoe Contributing Member

can gasol play effective defense on shaq??

19. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

Jermaine Oneal is very like KG, a lot of jump shooting

20. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

As much as I hate to say it, I'd probably add Dirk to that short list. Even if he is a flopper...