1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone hear The Chris Baker Show last night on KTRH dissing Yao!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wolfhound, Nov 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The "tin foil hat wearers" on Air America are actually truth-tellers, who are loyal to FACTS rather than a party---you know, thinking people. They are very-much representative of liberals and I am bloody proud of that.

Baker, on the other hand, sounds like a typical neocon. Just ignore him.

Go Rockets! This is the year, don't disappoint!
    Now that I've filled my one-post every six-months quota, I disappear...

2. Ankich

Ankich Member

China hasn't been communist in anything other than name only for the last 20 years. :rolleyes:

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

This discussion has devolved into a semantic soup of muck.

4. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Hendrie's show is a good idea poorly executed. In fact an execution would provide more laughs than his show.

5. moomoo

moomoo Member

http://www.ktrh.com/chrisbaker.html

I used to listen to Chris Baker off and on for a few years, back when he was on 950AM afternoons to go along with Pat Gray in the mornings. No doubt, both wear their conservatism on their sleeves (uhh, 950 KPRC helloo), both of them often spewing right wing garbage bordering on hate. That's actually why I used to listen to him/them. You know what they say, "know thy enemy." Plus my daily commute is a mother f---, so listening to the same old stations gets boring, nothing like listening to right wing wackos to piss me off once in a while to keep me awake at the wheel.

And this isn't the first time he's hated on Yao. He pulled this same sh-- when Yao was first drafted, when he started his second year, and even when we made the playoffs w/ Franchise.

The fact that he and Pat Gray are still on the radio should tell you all you need to know about the dominant audience in H-town.

6. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

He has been saying "Yao Ming The Chinese Basketball Slave" since Yao's first year. IMO they are just mad that they lost the broadcasting rights to the Rockets the year before Yao came here.

He is just using shock value to trigger a response fom the audience.
    Looks like it worked.

7. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

wow...this got really political, really fast. Basketball anyone?

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I used to listen to Chris Baker a LOT when he was first on the air, then he started to turn his show more political and I was out. The show started out as just sort of a fun variety show, but I think that was just to get listeners before it became a political show. Before 790 came on-air, I used to flip over to listen to what he was up to during 610's commercials, and he's always saying stupid stuff like this. But even bigger than this one incident, isn't 950 the station that put out that song hating on Yao Ming after his first game or two here? It was called "Rocket Fan" (to the Elton John song Rocketman, of course), and talked about how Yao Ming wasn't as good as he was at home and blah blah blah.