1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't get stuck on a toilet seat at Home Depot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Invisible Fan, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...T?SITE=MTHEL&SECTION=STRANGE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Nov 3, 12:32 PM EST

Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -- Home Depot was sued by a shopper who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue.

Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The (Boulder) Daily Camera. "They just let me rot."

The lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck at the Louisville store on the day before Halloween 2003. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk by radio, but the head clerk "believed it to be a hoax," the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said store officials called for an ambulance after about 15 minutes. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and as they wheeled the "frightened and humiliated" Dougherty out of the store, he passed out.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

2. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

what exactly is this all ABOOT?

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

The guy was going to rot after fiteen minutes???

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

5. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

How do you not see the glue on the toilet seat :confused: , especially considering the amount of glue it would take to glue your behind to the seat. When I use a public stall to poo, I make damn sure the seat is clean before I sit. :p

6. PhiSlammaJamma

You gotta figure they'll have a camera shot of the "gluer" or the "co-conspirator" going into bathroom. But no way I go in and check on a naked man on the toilet. He woulda had to drink toilet water before I went in there.

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

No kidding. Didn't the person check the seat first. What if someone with bad aim had hosed it down. Yuk!

8. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

But the person dropped his pants to test out the toilet!

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

15 minutes isn't that long.

10. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

If this thread didn't have a reply for 15 minutes I'd say it would be rotting.

Holy crap, this guy's a baby.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It is if you think you will have a heart attack.

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Reason #4534534636 that people who file frivolous lawsuits should be exiled to France.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That's pretty funny, although, if it were me, I'd be PO'd too...but to sue, give me a break...

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I can only remember being stuck one time in my life, cave, underwater, and it was kinda scary. I couldn't get out of the damn cave. I was literally stuck in place because my air hose got caught on something. It may have lasted like 10 minutes. But it felt like a lifetime.

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

He sits on a public toilet seat without looking.....and it's the stores fault. this man should not be allowed in a store that sells power tools.

He's lucky it was glue...

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

I'm sure we've all spent a lot longer than 15 minutes on a toilet seat before. Who knows, he may have ended up being there that long even if no one had glued anything. ;)

Seriously, look before you sit. Wipe with a dry piece of toilet paper before you sit, also. Sometimes, in bad lighting conditions, it won't be as clean as you think it is. You don't want to pick up germs or staph infections.

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Can I sue this guy for wasting 1 minute and 30 seconds of my life to read about his stupid story?

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

CLASS ACTION!!!

I'm in!

(send my cheque to the tip jar).

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Some people need to bone up on their reading comprehension skills.

I'm not saying he should've sued, but those assholes who refused to help him should be fired, at the very least. If I'm stuck somewhere screaming for help for 15 minutes and I know they hear me, but aren't doing anything to help, I will be ****ing furious.

20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

i might be too. or i might laugh about it. i wouldn't be calling my lawyer. dude was humiliated by being wheeled out of Home Depot....but i guess details in an associated press article are going to make it better?? no wonder he has heart problems...dude's gotta chill.