1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CCTV5 Rockets Schedule for November

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ucansee2020, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Why is it when I click on the above link the channel shows "unavailable" at the top???

2. longrangesniper

is it a live stream, b/c people are mentioning torrent

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

OK nevermind the original problem, now when I click on the live link it only plays for about 10 minutes and then it jumps to another screen saying thank you for testing the new wireless bla bla bla. They want you to sign up for a 30 day trial before you can continue viewing. Is this how you guys did it in the preseason, by signing up?

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

why does a little bubble pop up and say that "your current channel has left, please reselect" :confused:

5. jasonk01

jasonk01 New Member

WMR8.0 does it also, but not WMR10.x.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I assume pplive is airing the game live right? Should I upgrade to the new version? I have 1.07 I think.

7. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

yeah upgrade...but the new version is only in chineese. You can get away w/ that because the CCTV-5 channel is still written in english.

8. pirc1

Chinese is not a problem for me, I can read it ok.

9. hz10

hz10 Contributing Member

I can read them too. But my English window shows the characters as ????. :confused:

Any suggestions. :eek:

10. pirc1

I reacall in version 1.07 there is a language option, does 1.09 still have it? Try that if it does.

11. cfkiller

cfkiller Member

Yeah, I have the same problem. It's due to the fact that we have English windows. I wonder if there's any way to display chinese menu characters w/o using a 3rd party software.

If any of you know how to get around that or if a MS plug-in exists, please let us know. Thanks in advance!

12. pirc1

Just change your window xp option, I have done that so I can use chinese programs.

13. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

The update program is better. You don't need to be able to read Chinese, just click on the CCTV5 channel with the highest percentage and it'll pop up a few minutes later after the program completes buffering. The resolution is real good.

14. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

For the month of December, CCTV-5 will have the following games:

12/3 Memphis
    12/6 Boston
    12/17 LA Clippers
    12/23 Denver
    12/27 Utah

15. wardellp

wardellp Contributing Member

Will the people be speaking english when they broadcast it or will it be asian anouncers? I was watching one of the HBO channels and the move ROME was on and they were speaking English. (subtitled in Chinese i think)

16. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Whoa... there's HBO? All I've seen are these chinese movie channels and these channels called "new movies #1" which I cannot connect to. :(

Btw, there are numerous CCTV5 channels, is everyone connecting to the first one on the list, CCTV5 test 1?

17. Arnel

Arnel Member

I only have a 56K dial up connection. Will I still be able to watch the game without getting interupted stops every 10 seconds or so?

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Sorry, you've got no chance. There's always the chat pbp.

wardellp: It's Chinese announcers.

19. wardellp

wardellp Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. I still will be watching.....maybe more exciting than Matt or Clyde and Bill. but not Gene Peterson. ;)

20. Silfam

Silfam Contributing Member

Anyone know if we can get the Rocket radio broadcast on the internet so I can listen to Gene Peterson while I watch on CC-TV5? Just instead of watching it in silence, could i get some commentary? (I don't understand chinese). Thanks!

GO ROCKETS