1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many Wins Saves Dom's job?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Oct 29, 2005.

?

What final Record would Save Caper's job

1. 9-7

30 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. 8-8

12 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. 7-9

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. 6-10

10 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. 5-11

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. NOTHING . . . HE SHOULD BE GONE NO MATTER WHAT

89 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

how many games does Dom have to win . . in order to spare his job.

We have Nine Games left.

Rocket River

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think it's going to have to be at least 7 wins...I know nothing seems like it could save him right now but if the team starts responding to him again and winning they may give him another year.

All of that is very unlikely though, IMO.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I said 9-7, although that would have to be a hell of a turnaround!!!!!!!!!

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If we win 5 games this season, it will be a success at this point. I would keep Dom Perignon at that point.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

He's toast no matter what....

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

8-8..i think that MIGHT save his job.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This team will be lucky to win 3 games. They just do not have the O-line to compete. Their offense is one dimensional with the running game and can be shut down by packing it in the box. They have to gamble too much on defense. Once they get in a hole, they've got to throw, and it's over. They just can't keep guys off Carr. Banks and Ragone won't make a difference. Pace would have though. That's the unfinished deal of the offseason that killed us.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

And to think we've got a $97 million team payroll. :confused:

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If he goes 8-8 that means he would have gone 8-2 over the last 10 games. That would be impresive, and there is no chance in hell that would happen.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I also said 8-8. Capers' coaching isn't hurting this team anywhere near the extent that Casserly's O-Line is. Of course, Capers should have been screaming for roster improvements the last 3 years.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Capers and Casserly are both responsible for the lineUp
    Casserly has final say . . . but i think it is naive to say Caper's has none

Rocket River

12. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Short of winning out every remaining game, I believe that Capers will be gone at the end of this season.

I think that the ownership will wait until the end of the year when the pool of coaches/potential coaches to choose from will be greater than it is at this mid-season point and make their decision at that time.

Bye-bye Capers, I wish the Texans put a better product on the field than what you and Casserly assembled.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This team has completely lost it's way, there has to be a major shakeup this offseason if we want to make some noise, Capers and Casserly should both be gone.

14. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

no way in hell you let capers stay

casserly either for that matter

i'm gonna go with no amount of wins saves his job

team needs a fresh face and a clean house to start next season.

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I think Capers already lost his job.

Casserly too...

16. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

When it's being reported that the owner is looking at possible replacements, it's not a good thing for the current coach.

17. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

If he goes at least 8-8, then only Casserly loses his job

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

You can't be serious.

If Dom went 8-2 in the next 10 games, you bet your asshe'll stay. He won't though. I honestly don't see us winning more than 4 at best. Most likely 2.

Get ready for next years draft.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's no chance of this pathetic group winning more than 3-4 more games, C&C both need to go. They are both responsible for a Franchise that has made zero net progress in 4 years - which is not very good when you start at the bottom.

Honestly, even if they did win a few games - does anybody think he is THE MAN to lead the team to the playoffs in the future - which now looks like it won't be for another 2-3 years anyway? LOL, no owner these days, no matter how loyal would give a coach 8 years to make the playoffs.

20. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

The whole staff needs to go, regardless. The defense is terrible. Because of Fangio's read and react schemes, there is no way to take advantage of anyone's aggression. There has been criticism of Babin lately, because he doesn't get sacks. I think it's because his primary responsibility is edge containment. If you look for that, he does that job pretty well. Peek is a natural pass rusher. When he came in last year in obvious pass rushing situations, he was very effective. His responsibilities as a starter this year do not take advantage of his strengths. Surely someone on this linbacking crew has some talent. The only reason the defense doesn't get more criticism is because the o-line is so horrid. I won't even get into that.

So Fangio's defense stinks and Palmer/Pendry's offense stinks, so where does that leave Dom? Leading a steaming, stinking pile of a coaching staff. What does Dom supposedly bring? What are his strengths? Well, he's supposed to be very detailed. And, he is very conservative. He likes to play not to lose. To try to stick around and have a chance to pull one out in the 4th quarter. Boy, those are strengths that every football team is looking for in a head coach. :confused: You know, I thought I was in a pretty good mood this morning, until I started writing this post.