1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Almu, Do you still think Olajuwon is mentally done?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BlastOff, Nov 20, 1999.

1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

While I would disagree with him being "done", I would say that Dream has been too "passive" to the other guys on the team over the years. With the advent of the Big 2 (Dream/Drexler) and 3 (Dream/Drexler/Barkley), Hakeem has not been the bread and butter option offensively. Give him the number of touches he got in '93 or '94 and he still burns every center in this league when healthy. In my opinion, some of the other centers (Clank Fu, Alonzo Mourning) only look better because they are still the primary weapons on those teams, meaning that they still get more touches. Maybe Dream has shown some age compared to those guys, but pound-for-pound I'd put my money on the Dream still.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Dream can score pretty well still. But i dont want him to be the player with the ball. FRANCIS IS THE 1 OPTION. As for barkley. He has lost his shot, the farthest shot he can make is like 10 feet, anything else is a miss.

3. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Francis,

I would not disagree with you there, my friend. However, it is unfair that some of us (not saying anyone in particular) are quick to criticize Dream for not being as dominant as he was in the past. Give Rudy credit for this. Despite all the talk about Rudy not changing his system, I'd say that Dream's diminished role since Drexler/Barkley has proven that it has been evolving somewhat over the years.

[This message has been edited by BlastOff (edited November 20, 1999).]

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Mantronix,

Obviously, you just did what the National Enquirer does when it runs a story. They, like yourself, pick only the part of the other guys story that will fit their need.

Re-read the post.

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

5. AtlantaRocketsFan

almu i'm with you on this one.

i remember posting along side you that day and from what i remember it wasn't the decline of hakeem's skills that we were discussing but the 'lack of fire' that he was showing.

hakeem just looked, tired, that week.

mantronix, that wasn't a slap.

6. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

I agree on both Almu and mantronix's side but we should understand Hakeem is still DECENT. There is no point of trading him or anything else of that nature. The day I will say Hakeem is done for is when The Dream doesn't deserve a team double-teaming him.

7. mantronix

mantronix Member

I thought that post was a slap in the face to Olajuwon and where are you now that he scored 31 the other night. He might not be all the way from where he was last year but to say he is mentally done was an insult to the master of the low post Hakeem.

8. mantronix

mantronix Member

Almu, Don't tell it to me tell it to Hakeem when he read that post he was not very happy, Just kidding but seriously there is no justification for the title of that post despite what you say you meant. If you meant something else which you did than you should have not put a title of that post that was totally false. Just the title of the post was annoying enough you can't expect somebody to play a guessing game what you meant with your post.

[This message has been edited by mantronix (edited November 22, 1999).]

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish Hakeem would read the posts, then he would read this:

Hakeem, quit goldbricking out there, show some of that fire and energy that you have. Play to win, or do not play at all.

DaDakota

"Hakeem looks satisfied with his career"

BigggReddd likes this.