1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ThaCabbage Patch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacabbage, Nov 18, 1999.

1. popeye

popeye Member

My Fine Feather-Leafed Vegetable Friend:

I am speechless. I am flabbergasted. I am without composure. I am having difficulty breathing. I am actually turning cabbage pale green.

I see the fine distinction between your new found calmness in seeing the rightful direction, and your past ardent desire to heckle the crud out of anyone even associated with pointing out the silver lining of a Rocket loss. Sorry,that was sarcastic,I know! [​IMG]

But what I don't get is ...

Are you agreeing that there really is some improvement,like all us optimists have been preaching? [​IMG]

<center>OR</center>

Are you admitting you may have been hasty in your initial assessments? That we were right?!?!?! [​IMG]

Your pal,

pop

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying they can't turn it around and make a run.We have loads of talent and when utilized correctly the rockets would be hard to stop.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Clarification

Clutch, Popeye, Bballfan, others confused on my stand on things:

It is hard to explain how I feel on this Rocket team. To put it simply, I feel the same way right now, that I did a week ago when I was actively doing the criticism. This is hard to put in words, but I'll try.

First of all, there are two routes we as fans can take. We can either take the contender route and criticize the Rockets for turnovers, poor defense, bad shooting, etc. Or, we can take the rebuilding route and take every game as a step towards the new offense. I have, all along, and still now, been in favor of taking this year from a rebuilding view, because I just don't think we have enough to make a run at the championship. If we don't, then what is the point for us as fans to pain ourselves by holding the team up to such high expectations? I think, there is still a dwindle of hope for us to be a successful team, this year, but I will get to that later in the post.

Right now, if I said, "The Rockets suck," I am stating a fact or an solid observation. Now, it may look to you guys that I have had a sudden change of heart, but deep down, I am still a hard-core pessimist [​IMG]. Now, I know that the Rockets suck right now, and they are just getting beaten badly out there. BUT, the reason I have appeared to be defending them is because I have just grown sick and tired of people harping on this fact. "They suck," yes, but this is a rebuilding year, they are not supposed to be that good anyways. Therefore, I think instead of criticizing the team and Rudy for every loss, we should just focus on the offense and look for positives in every game. I have been carefully observing every game this season, and have gradually seen more and more motion in the offense. For the last few games, I have also noticed that Charles Barkley has played less and less postup game.

Just because I have started defending Rudy and the Rockets of late, does not mean I don't disagree with them. I still totally disagree with Rudy's philosophy on the way the game should be played. BUT, I don't want to bash him because, seeing that this is a rebuilding year, I don't see the point. I know that what I am saying is sounding very confusing, sorry. If I shared all of my views on basketball, Rudy, the way the Rockets should be playing etc., it would probably take up an entire book.

To even further summarize this post:
    Basically, I am still a pessimist. I still disagree with the way Rudy is running this team, but I have decided to stop criticizing him and analyzing his every mistake because I don't think it is worth it. The Rockets are not a good team right now, and that is a fact. Therefore, seeing that this is a low year anyways, I think instead of holding this team up to the level of criticism that we have in the past years (contender teams) we should give this team the benefit of the doubt, and let them make their mistakes. I have also commended Rudy for what looks like a tad more motion in the offense, as well as Barkley staying out of the block. Don't get me wrong, if I had the time and spirit, I could b**** about this team on the BBS all day. Instead, let's just look at the progress of the team from a rebuilding point of view, rather than a "building a champion" point of view.

Hope that all made sense.

Now, on to my other route. I still think there is a tad bit of hope for championship this season. From the former part of this post, you can tell that I greatly feel that this team is on the slide. Still, there may be hope. Many of you will recall that about a week ago, I religiously preached about starting Cato, with Shandon at the 3, Dream at the 1, Mobes at the 2, with Francis not only playing the point, but taking over the team. I don't want to go over this "smallball" lineup any more, seeing that I have been over it many times, and most of you probably remember it.

So, it is a hard choice. As fans, sometimes it is hard for us to accept that our team may just be on the slide. We want our team to succeed, and that is why part of me wants Rudy to try things my way and pull out the "smallball" lineup. I think that is our only chance. But, if we go the way we are going right now, I will just accept it, and try not to criticize, holding this team up to lottery standards.

PS: Clutch, email wasn't working for a while, thanks.

4. Bomber E.142st

Bomber E.142st New Member

Bomber says he wants in...

5. 360degree

360degree Member

Those terms need further explanation. What does "b**** about" mean? Who will determine whether I'm "b****ing about" Bruce Drew, or I'm stating the obvious, unadulterated facts?

My terms: Popeye must join too... [​IMG]

Otherin that, achtung baby...

[This message has been edited by 360degree (edited November 18, 1999).]

6. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Rudy still sucks.

Hakeem defied those who think he is over by his action.

CB defied those who claim he is a cancer to every team based on he got traded twice in his career, by his action and fire.

Role adjusting? CB and Hakeem know their roles since day one they play basketball, roles are never a problem to them plain and simple.

7. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

You knew I would be behind you on this.

I don't suppose you would let us change the name to "Chucky Brown Fan Club" and talk about Chucky Brown all the time. . .oh yeah, thats my club.

I'm in cabbage, as usual you the man.

go rocks

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Cab,

I'm in, no questions asked, I agree whole heartedly, PATIENCE IS THE KEY.

Smeg