1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Rockets fans in San Diego?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scyman, Oct 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

Anyone in San Diego want to get a group together to watch and root for our Rockets for this upcoming season? If there's enough interest, I'll set up a listserve we could use to plan and coordinate get togethers with.

2. Win

Win Contributing Member

Hey, scyman. I live in North County; but work retail (so am always laboring when anything cool is happening) am completely irresponsible and can other-wise be found in Tijuana. Would love to attend any get-together I might be allowed to stumble in to, :cool:

amxa@copper.net

3. scyman

4. Nimnal

Nimnal Contributing Member

Yeah! I'm in North County too, and a hard core (daily lurker) Rockets fan since I was a kid. Not sure my husband would like me going out with the guys to watch a game, but sounds like fun ! :D Really psyched about this season!

5. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

I'm in San Diego too and look forward to the coming season. It will be great fun to watch together.

6. wink3

wink3 Member

JUST MOVED OUT HERE, IN THE BEAUTIFUL PACIFIC BEACH PART OF TOWN. The original home of the Rockets.

7. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Tomlinson might be

8. scyman

I just set up the listserve. If you'd like to become part of the group, please subscribe by sending a message to sd_rockets_fans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com . Remember to type "subscribe" in the subject and message body. You should get an email from the group telling you how to join from there.

I'm in Mira Mesa but San Diego isn't that big (compared to Houston at least) so I have no problem going anywhere to root for our team.

Nimnal: Bring your husband along! My wife will also be watching a lot of the games, and any other women are welcomed to join so it won't be just a bunch of guys.

9. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Hell yeah, just moved here four months ago. Live in La Jolla, close to Pacific Beach.

Good job scyman

I'm planning to some Bar down in PB for the Astros game this afternoon. Go Roger.

#9 moligity, Oct 15, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  10. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

Whats up fellow rockets fans living in San Diego! I am planning to move to San Diego in a year for graduate school at SDSU. Anyone have any good recommendations for areas to live in. Not anywhere too expensive, but not anything too cheap. About halfway. :confused:

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

What a beautiful day in SD today.. It just never get's old :)

mmesser, sadly, there is nowhere here "too cheap". Best I can suggest is start looking for a room to rent near campus. Check the online SD newspaper wantads.

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Yes, the cost of living in San Diego is ridiculous. Nice to know so many San Diego Houston Rocket Fans are out there.

13. scyman

ttt for anyone else that wants to join.

mmesser- what kind of environment are you looking for?

14. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Glad to see so many Rox fans in San Diego. I used to live in the beautiful Del Mar/Solana beach area when I was at UCSD. The SD area is just gorgeous but EXPENSIVE! There's nothing cheap with the real estate/rental in that area, unless perhaps you get closer to Tijuana.

15. scyman

I'm trying to plan something for game 1. I can probably host. Please email me if you'd like to attend or have any questions. Also, if you haven't joined the group listserve yet, please do so by following the instructions above.

scyang1@gmail.com

16. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

i'll be there, its cool we only live 2 minutes away from each other