1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Bennett's final solution: aborting all black babies could reduce crime

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Sep 30, 2005.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

He did no such thing. He just pointed out that a subset of future criminals would get wiped out by such a direction. It's accurate. Obviously, he couldn't have chosen any subset without offending somebody so he talked about black babies.... like no one talks about black crime, huh?

2. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

What if he just suggested killing all male babies, would that still be okay?

3. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Well, that would change the demographics so much that it's hard to say, but yeah, that would be okay too.

Men are arrested at a higher rate than women, so this theoretical society with no men might have a lower crime rate. Such a statement would not be sexism.

Actually, it would be similar to me saying that we could reduce the prostitution rate by killing all female babies. This statement would also cause national outrage, but it would not be sexism (equivalent to racism).

4. giddyup

It would still demonstrate the point. I would not take offense-- especially when the speaker himself pointed out the ridiculousness of the proposition.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Future criminals, future Secretaries of State, future Joint Chief of Staff, future doctors, future lawyers, etc...

6. giddyup

I get your point but do you deny his? If it's true of those, it's also true of the criminals.

7. kountzer

kountzer Member

Cocaine is not an indigenous plant of the urban areas of the usa. It may be distributed there at the street level, but who is responsible for bringing that stuff in? Better yet who reaps the majority of the illicit profits? White people do. Also, blacks do not own gun and bomb manufacturing plants where weapons are mass produced so that countless wars and sinceless crimes of violence can be perpetuated ad nauseum. Again it is white people who are responsible. We didn't invent the tanks, the napalm, we didn't invade and colonize and enslave the people of europe. It was all so called peace loving, "law abiding whites". Narrow minded ass holes like you sicken me.

~ Kountzer ~

8. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I would suggest that hispanic people reap "the majority of the illicit profits". Aren't all those drug cartels in Central and South America run by people from those countries? Or do they all work for the CIA? ;)

9. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

He didn't call black people criminals.

He suggested we could reduce crime if we committed genocide of all black babies.

I think it's okay if black people hold him accountable for that. Geez. :rolleyes:

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm still skimming through this thread but I had to respond to this.

I would defend the rights of bigots to express their bigotry too. There's a difference between agreeing with someone's views and believing that even if they are total ignorant bigots they should still be allowed to express their opinions.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, you are going way over whatever "line" we have here for behavior. AggieRocket is black, and he's even older than I am. He was polite and respectful, especially considering the topic and a lot of what I've read in this thread. He and I disagree with each other on a lot, but with respect. AggieRocket is, and I hope he'll correct me if I'm wrong, a conservative Republican. He just doesn't happen to be a conservative Republican who is an extremist. That would be you.

Get a grip, fellow.

Keep D&D Civil.

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

He had every constitutional right to say what he did. And he is a sleezball for saying it.

13. Sishir Chang

You know I've been suggesting that for awhile.

The solutions to all problems is mandatory universal abortion.

As I like to say: No people no problem!

;) ;)

Yes I am kidding.

14. Sishir Chang

Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's refering to a stereotype to substantiate a general point that could be true when applied to any race. It's already been stated before that there are more black convictions and arrests in proportion to whites. Yet this doesn't necessarily mean that people with African heritage are more predisposed to crime because it negates other broad factors such as racial profiling, class status, public and private perception of race, and American cultural norms.

The context and how he singled out a race bugs me.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The reason that crimes could be reduced if we commited genocide against blacks is because black people commit crime at a higher rate than the population at large. That is, again, simply fact, not racism. He presented a fact, and then pointed out that to act on that information would be reprehensible. It was stupid to say, because this reaction is not hard to predict, but I don't think he needs to apologize.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

are Convicted. . .the commit part is an assumption not based in fact

Rocket River
    We can only go by statistics that do not allow for the bias that allows some to get off with out ever going to court or jail.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I covered that in my previous post. The only solid statistics we have are for convictions. If we had records of all the people who were caght and not charged, that still wouldn't be a complete accounting of all the people who committed crimes though, because some people are never caught, and there are obviously no statistics for that. The only reasonable way to look at it is by convictions, because the criminal justice system assumes you are innocent until convicted.

19. giddyup

Bennett never mentioned one thing about a greater pre-disposition toward crime for blacks.

20. kountzer

kountzer Member

You are stupid, narrow minded and overtly racist.

That kind of thinking is the reason why 7 million jews were murdered in Nazi controlled Europe. That's the same mentality behind the ethnic cleansing in the former yugoslavia and other places. But not to worry. There is a God in heaven, and He is not preoccupied with gambling on the NBA, and the over and under. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that this whole world is going to be judged, every one of us, by a court much higher and much, much more unbiased than any criminal court in this country.

DB