1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao #5 center (cbs sportsline)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valio!, Sep 26, 2005.

1. real_egal

real_egal Member

But the ranking was about centers, right? Shouldn't CB4 be compared with TD and KG like? It's not about best players, if that's the case we can throw in names like TM, KB, LBJ etc etc.

Personally, I don't mind people rating us or any of our players low. They can rank the Rockets and Yao at the last place, if they want to. That will only spur extra energy from our guys. When we start kick some real a$$es, I would love to see those pseudo experts eating crow or kissing donkey a$$.

2. jd3

jd3 Member

About Tracy in a similar article posted a few weeks back - #1 baby!

1. Tracy McGrady, Houston: Not that the top 10 names on this list aren't all uniquely blessed, but T-Mac is currently the most gifted and developed of the group. This is a guy who can drain 40-foot jumpers like water, get to the rim at will and finish at his whim. He has been doing all that over the past few seasons, but last year, becoming the leader of the Rockets under demanding Jeff Van Gundy, he grew into a complete player. For maybe the first time in his career, he cut no corners on defense, which wasn't hard to notice when he frustrated Dirk Nowitzki into poor outing after poor outing in the first round of the playoffs. Yes, he's failed to win a series, with his teams blowing substantial leads in his past two appearances, but to point the finger at him is not only short-sighted, it's far-fetched. Expect him to help push Yao Ming into the next stage of his development while guiding the Rockets to heights that haven't been reached since the days of "Dream." Houston is his town now, and he represents it well.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Doesn't Duncan technically play center? Why is Amare on this list, yet he isn't? These lists make no sense.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think it goes Shaq, Yao, Bosh, Amare, Ben... Amare is good, but he struggles against the real centers like Yao/Shaq.. Bosh is gonna be awesome. inside/outside, defense--just needs bulk. Ben is on the downswing and he needs every bit of hustle to be ranked as high as he was.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

This guy ought to turn in his sports writer credentials and start writing fairy tales.

Ben Wallace over Yao, I would bet the Pistons would trade Wallace for Yao in a heartbeat. Wallace has big holes in his game, not much of an offensive player and can't make a FT to save his life.

Terribly inconsistent choices in selecting Chris Bosh who will be playing C this year and also including Amare who won't be playing C this year. Chris Bosh will be in for a rude awakening playing Yao at the C position, he gives up 80 pounds to Yao and Toronto out of all the teams in the NBA has the toughest time defending Yao.

I could have done a better job with these rankings by picking these names from a hat.

6. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Damn, I was just scanning to see if anyone had beat me to it.

nice.

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Chris Bosh better than Yao???

I'd like to see him take Yao over Bosh in the league..

8. spacepimp

spacepimp Member

in what world is bosh better than amare

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

They must have brought this guy over from the Hockey beat during the strike he obviously doesn't know squat. What is he basing this on stats? team records? individual impact on the team? becuase none of them are consistent with what he is saying. I'll give you that Yao and Amare are interchangable, Amare's team went further but I agree that his defense is basically garbage. But Bosh? you might as well put Bogut up there because he is just speculating on what he will do this season. I know, Bosh was on my fantasy team last season so I watched him very closely. At the end of the season when they finally benched Jalen Rose he put up good numbers but prior to that he was an inconsistent player on a terrible team. I love Ben Wallace but he's too one dimensional to be this high, I think guys like Brad Miller and Ilgauskus are much better players than Ben Wallace. This guy is getting by on pure Bullplop...bullplop!! :mad:

10. m_cable

m_cable Member

Bosh is not a center. It's that simple. He's not better than Yao either, but first off he's not a center. Villanueva is closer to having a center's body than Bosh. CB will have a tough year if he plays at center all year. Not that there are that many talented centers in the league, but there are a lot of guys with big bodies. And trying to box out these big bodies or bang these with these guys in the paint is going to wear Bosh down in a hurry.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Who cares. You know on that list, there are probably 2 people a GM would pick ahead of Yao at same price. Yao just needs to be Yao.

12. RocketsFAN3035

anyone else get a kick out of the fact that Dampier is ranked 16th?? I can't stop laughing at this.....he may not even be the 2nd best C on his team :D

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. People have often mentioned him when talking about the great centers in the league, but he's never played center. He came into the league as the Spurs power forward. David Robinson was their starting center until last season. Last season they had Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed playing center. Duncan has never been a center. That said, it would make way more sense for them to list Duncan as a center before some of these other guys, because he is undeniably capable of playing center. He isn't the kind of power forward who is out there jacking 3's all night.

14. DoDo

DoDo Member

What are you trying to say? You are bringing up stats? Some other guy already showed you thier yearly stats... here is the stats between your awesome center vs. our lowly number 5 center.

04-05

Yao Ming 30.0 ppg 8.5 rpg

Chris Bosh 16.5 ppg 6.5 rpg

All time head to head

Yao Ming 26.3ppg 11.5 rpg

Chris Bosh 17.8ppg 5.5 rpg

I wish we played against this more highly talented center of yours more often!

15. losttexan

losttexan Member

What I want to know is why Yao must produce a 20pts 10 rbs to be ranked higher, yet he is closer to that than any of the others besides Shaq.

Seems a bit unfair.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I really think this list is a joke. Ben Wallace bellow Bosch and Stoudamire? What is this guy smoking. Yao avg in less minutes just about the same amount of rebounds and more block shots as Amare. He also shot almost at the same shooting percentage. Yao also takes way way way less shot attempts than him. Even Bosh gets more shot attempts than Yao and is shooting at a lesser shooting percentage? This list makes me laugh. I've seen better lists. This guy is going to be eating crow by the end of this season.

17. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Not sure if you guys have seen much of Bosh, but he is damn good. Potential thru the roof. Not saying he's better than YAO, but he isn't a scrub thats for sure.

18. Rockets Red Glare

Solid player, but not the type to be the focus of an offense. From what I have seen the guy doen not have near the post game Yao has.

I would not put Bosh in the same class as Yao, Amare or Shaq.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, he's that good that he couldnt make the leastern playoff along with Vince Carter. Dont see Raptors making the playoff again.

20. joolut

joolut Member

I think I can answer for all of us as NBA fans that, yea, we have all seen a lot of Bosh.

Potential thru the roof? Not sure about that. He is a pretty good player, but proabably would be stretch to make the top 10 at his "real" position (PF).

BTW, no one ever said he was a scrub.