1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Htown Power Outages?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BullFan, Sep 24, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BullFan

BullFan Member

Separate thread to update where we've seen power/ no power.

I'm holed up here in Jersey Village (West Road and Belt8) power is up and runnin. Went on and off throughout the night, but nothing outside of what a good summer afternoon storm would do.

Anyone near Stafford? or Meyerland? Trying to figure out when to head back towards my own casa, and my parents place.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I live near Meyerland and Stafford (about 7 minutes away from each), power here in my house never went out, and there seems to be very little/no damage whatsoever to this part of town. No flooding either, there was barely any rain to speak of really.

If you're out of town, and have enough gas to get back in, I suggest you beat the traffic.

3. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Katy here. We barely even got rain from this thing. Mildly strong winds. Power never even flickered.

4. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Anybody know about power outage/damage to sugarland?

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

In the Spring area...when I went to check my parents they did not have power in Champions Forest. It appears its about 70% with power in the area.

I don't think your going to get too many replies from people without power. :)

6. tigermission1

Sugarland was spared, it was hadly hit.

7. zeyn

zeyn Member

twin lakes is out of power right now as well.. that is about clay and eldridge

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Friendswood (near 518/528) power went out at about 1:30 this morning... and is still out.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

only a couple of mins from sugarland town square though i'm in mo city. power went out here by the heb, popeyes, walgreens on hwy6 for about seven hours, but is back up and running. it's calm outside right now.

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Tigermission, thanks for the news... My parents live in sugarland and it is good to know. Do you know anything about the Westchase area. (westheimer and wilcrest). Me and the wife live in an apartment out there.

11. tigermission1

No I don't know much about the Westchase area, but if I use logic, it was even further west from where I live, and therefore I strongly doubt there is any major damage/flooding etc in that area. People living in Katy and other places in West Houston don't seem to have been hit with any major winds/rain, I know I wasn't here by W Belfort @ W. Beltway.

I might go out in an hour or two, I can let you know when I come back.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guys, we're trying to have one thread where people out of town can look to see what their area is like before they come back or just for the curious. Having multiple threads for the same thing defeats this purpose - people are having to look in 4 or 5 Rita threads already for information. For power outages, flooding, winds, damage, weather-related, etc. use the sticky'd thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.