1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hurricane Rita : Where are you and what are the conditions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Edit- sorry DOD..

#21 Davidoff, Sep 23, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  2. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Spring.................it's hardly even raining at all here. Actually, a few hours ago the wind was blowing harder than it is now. I know that the calm is a good thing, but some sick part of me was hoping for some action. However, i'm grateful that it's looking like there's not going to be too much of anything......hope i'm not speaking too soon.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Sugarland - Highway 6, near Dulles

Been here since yesterday. Tried to go to SA, by going to Victoria then head north to SA, but umm.... yea, that didnt happen. Made it to 59 and highway 6 and just rerouted to my uncle's house

Pretty quiet right now, light rain and a few winds.

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Mo City near Hwy 6
    Had about 5 minutes of hard rain a couple of hours ago. Other than that, just occassional small wind gusts. According the Ch.2, this is about all we should expect over here.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

mo city along hwy 6. two minutes from first colony mall.

nothing going on here. just strong wind every now and then and light sprinkles.

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

damn, didn't see dod's post.

seriously, those of us on the nw side are about to see our first serious feeder band in about 20 or so minutes.

#26 Texas Stoke, Sep 23, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Pretty much where I am at. I live in Clear lake, but am in Missouri City, close to Highway 6 and Dulles. It drizlzled over here for a while, but now there is not much happening.

8. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Anybody still in the south 45 area? I'm just wondering how is it down there? heavy rain/wind because I have a restaurant down there.

[​IMG]

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Checking in again from Pasadena just in case we lose power. The winds have REALLY picked up and there's a heavy feeder band knocking on our door. I have no idea what the gusts are here, but they were heavy enough to make a nice huuuummmm sound from under our front door. Very spooky sounding.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Bellaire:

Winds picked up a tad. Nothing major at all, but the lights just flickered, and this area is notorious for power outages. If I don't keep posting, you know that the power went out here.

11. rocketear

rocketear Contributing Member

I want to thank everyone for reporting the conditions in Houston especially those in the Sharpstown area. With the threat of a possible Category 5 hurricane, we rented a van and along with a friend, his mother, and our 4 dogs, we evacuated to northern Georgia. We do worry about our houses back in houston. We are watching Fox News and they are reporting general conditions in Houston but not down to the neighborhood level. Keep up the good work guys. Thanks for those local reports.

12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Jersey Village Jones Rd.

Wind picking up alil but not much.... no rain yet.

11:24pm

13. leehoang

leehoang Member

On Lake Woodlands, in the Woodlands

The winds are getting stronger, still no rain...

Anyone here around the Downtown/RiceVillage/ReliantStadium area???

I have a house in that area and was wondering how it's going around there.

Please let me know.

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Hwy 6 and Bellaire

not much going on. slight winds.I suspect we could be feeling the effects of higheer winds early tomorrow morning.

15. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

Hwy 6 & Bissonett

same story over here. earlier we had some strong winds that would come and go and a little bit of rain. as of right now, not too much going on outside. slow winds but i'm guessing that'll change once it hits land? anyways i hope it stays somewhat calm like it is now, there so much relief in my house. everybody is actually sleeping right now. the other night nobody could get any sleep and i'm glad to see the fam finally relaxing. i'm trying to stay up til the hurricane hits land just to see how things change.

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

w.bellfort and fondren. Wind is stronger than the rain but nothing major at the moment. I'd say wind is at about 30mph with a couple strong gusts but nothing major. I'm on the 2nd floor in my room and got a battery back-up so at least you guys will know when my power goes out :). 2 Generators ready to go to as well.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Westhiemer & Kirkwood - Alief

Nothing really going on. Just right now getting some sprinkles and slight winds. Nothing else over here.

18. drapg

drapg Member

Galleria:

Went to sleep at 11pm. Just woke up 20 minutes ago when the power went out. Came on 2 minutes ago.

Winds picking up big time.

19. drapg

drapg Member

Power keeps going in and out every few minutes now. Plus the wind has picked up a LOT. The trees outside are swaying big time, some of which are not solid and starting too look like as if they may give any time now.

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Missouri City - Hwy 6 near Dulles

EDIT: whoops, in my last post i said Sugarland but forgot that its still considered Missouri City where my uncle stays

12:20am Winds have picked up, pretty much my family is asleep and my gf and I are watching the news since we took a 3 hour nap earlier. Probably be up for another few hours.

Anyways, anybody in the Eastside area? Around I-10 East and the Beltway? I know that tim462 lives by there and wondering if he stayed. Thats my area and last i heard from my sister's friend, its not bad at the moment.

Also, any updates in the Weslayn/Westhimer area? My gf's apartment is near there and wondering if thats part of the area that doesn't have any power.