1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hurricane Rita : Where are you and what are the conditions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I know many of you are still checking into the BBS while you're in the midst of getting hammered. For those of you who are still in the Houston/Texas area (or even Louisiana), let us know whereabouts you are and what the situation is. If you have flooding, are you seeing power fluctuations/outages, heavy winds, heavy rains, periodic rains, etc. If there's nothing much going on where you are, post it.

Please do not make this another "discuss anything and everything about Rita thread". If you post, make it only a post about either :

1) Where you are and what the situation is like (try to be as specific as possible without giving your home address - don't just say "I live in Alief"; try something like "I live near the intersection of Dairy Ashford and Westheimer" or something),

or

2) Asking if anyone lives in a particular location and if they know what's going on.

No chit chat, no joking, etc. Leave that for other threads.

If you know how, bold the location. If you don't know how, don't worry about it.

If your situation changes later, create a new post - don't just edit the previous one.

Post what the conditions are even after Rita's passed and you can see what's left. If you POSITIVELY know the condition of any other area of town, post it and how you came about the information.

Hopefully those of you checking in will contribute...

#1 Dr of Dunk, Sep 23, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm chillin' with beer in hand in at the parents crib in Pasadena near the Beltway 8/ Fairmont intersection. Still have power although the lights have been flickering on and off. Periods of light to moderate rain but nothing too heavy that has a chance to pool. Winds are steady with some very heavy gusts as of late, guessing around 50-60mph? I did take the dog for a walk around the block and some of those gusts were slightly intense and got the heart racing a little.

Hope you guys are safe wherever you are.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Location : Missouri City, near the intersection of FM2234 and Cartwright.

Talked to my dad about an hour or so ago and he said there really wasn't much in the way of rain, just that the wind had picked up.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

northwest houston

chillin with the 2 mph winds and the VICIOUS leaves flying around

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

at Aldine Mail Route and Fern Meadow close macarthur highschool.. northeast of houston condition with 10 to 25 mph wind and a little drizzle... :eek:

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Sugar Land, TX (New Territory)

30 mph winds and some sprinkles. I just hope there won't be any tornadoes.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm in Pearland less than a half mile away from Friendswood where they had a mandatory evacuation. My next door neighbors evacuated to Conroe on Wednesday, but they came back today. I have about ten neighbors at my house right now, and we're taking shots. I'm just about out of hard liquor.

8. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

never mind.

#8 Mack, Sep 23, 2005
  9. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

#9 Fegwu, Sep 23, 2005
  10. Fatty FatBastard

Bellaire:

Coming in like a lamb. There were worse winds in Lubbock. I can still go outside for a cigarette with no worries. A few sprinkles here and there.

11. drapg

drapg Member

Galleria:

Had some light rain about 2.5 hours ago. The winds picked up around 9pm.

Currently: no rain and similar gusty wind patterns.

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Katy-

Lights came on and off for a few secs around 7:30, but soild from then on.. wind doesnt seem bad and it hasnt rained at all yet.. and the dish is still kicking before I have to switch to TIVO or the DVD player..

13. leehoang

leehoang Member

On Lake Woodlands, in the Woodlands

Partly cloudy, sprinkled earlier, no rain right now.

Wind speeds, I'm guessing are about 8-12 mph.

Right now is 10:17 p.m.

Kinda quiet, alittle too quiet...

14. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Jersey Village seems like a normal calm nite outside.

Man I feel sorry for all those people that left being stuck in that crazy traffic, being strained ... the tragedies, and my friend left this afternoon and drove straight up 45 to Dallas in 3hrs 30mins :confused:

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

In the Spring Area near Spring-Cypress and Stuebner.

It was windier at 7:30 that it is now at 10:25.

Running the air conditioner at full throttle in case the power goes out.

Light misting rain with 20 MPH winds I'd guesstimate.

Waiting for some heavier stuff later on I guess...Yesterday I was hoping there wouldn't be much damage in the area...now I'm thinking we might not even lose power. I think it will get heavier later...but you can hold out hope.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm in West Houston, right near Westhiemer and Kirkwood.

We've been having very light drizzle for the last few hours, and a steady breeze with occasional gusts. It really feels nice outside. Lights flickered once about 2 hours ago but have had no issues since then. Sattelite tv reception has not broken up once. I'm in my bedroom watching the news and surfing the bbs, wife and dogs are sleeping on the bed. The 10 other family members here are in my living room watching a DVD.

So glad I did not evacuate at this point.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

#17 Davidoff, Sep 23, 2005
  18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

#18 Harrisment, Sep 23, 2005
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guys, please keep the jokes and conversations out of this thread. I said that in the original post. It's hard enough for people to find stuff in these threads without wading through off-topic posts. Come on.

#19 Dr of Dunk, Sep 23, 2005
  20. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I'm in Katy on Fry rd. and I 10 and nothing much going on except that it looks like a ghost town in my area. Not many people around and i have gone around my neighborhood to see if anyone needs water.... I got like 20+ gallons and we are a family of four.