1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Blake=OJ Simpson?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrpaige, May 14, 2001.

Tags:
  1. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I couldn't believe all the revelations about the wife and her shennanigans. I would always have thought that Baretta could do better.

This woman has likely made a lot of enemies over the years. While Blake should be a suspect, I don't think we can even begin to think the trail ends with him.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    Film Dallas.com
    AntiBud.com

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

When's Blake's car chase gonna be on TV??!!? Will it be on every channel like OJ's was!?!?? [​IMG]

At least this time it won't interrupt a Rockets game. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited May 14, 2001).]

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Keep your eye on the sparrow

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

LOL
    I was so pissed that day. I had invited a bunch of friends over to watch the Rockets that nite. We got to my house and turned on the game and it was freakin O.J. Man we all started screaming and finally after they didn't turn the Rox back on we left and went and played a pickup game.

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage
    For stats, standings and team information.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not only did they preempt the Rockets/Knicks on TV, they preempted the RADIO BROADCAST to follow the car chase.

Back to the original topic. My gut feeling is that Blake had something to do with his wife's death. C'mon, a guy forgets his gun in a restaurant? That's a pretty lame excuse for leaving his wife alone. Where was the gun? Did he go to a restaurant that allowed you to "check" your gun and he forgot to pick it up? Did he leave it sitting on a table?

------------------

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

You were pissed?

There I was, sitting in my apartment in Santa Monica, trying to watch my hometown Rockets, when this idiotic low-speed chase pre-empts everything!

And I'm not going to mention how violently my apartment shook when the 75 or so helicopters covering the story flew over my apartment as he approached his house!

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

7. RocketMan Tex

8. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My Mom was saying something about how the first episode of Baretta was exactly the same as what happened.

Can anyone back that up?

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    "Pre-born, you're fine, pre-school, you're f*****."-George Carlin

10. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I read an article today that noted that the gun used in the murder was a Walther PPK. I think this fact points to an obvious suspect. Does anyone know where James Bond was on the night in question?

As for whether the first Baretta episode mirrors this real life incident, we can find out tonight as TV Land is airing the first episode of Baretta tonight at 11pm Central time (according to my listings).

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    Film Dallas.com
    AntiBud.com

11. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Whatever this may have been about...
    Episode1 17 Jan 75 He'll Never See Daylight Again

------------------
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever."

12. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

To make matters worse, the restraunt is not backing up his story on that. The reported that he only came back once - to report his wife had been shot and for a glass of water.

------------------

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The following from a new story on Robert Blake concerns me:

"Braun defended the version of events Blake gave to police, saying he had a ``number of witnesses'' who saw the actor put his gun down in the restaurant."

Uh, where is this restaurant? The next time I'm in L.A. I want to make sure I don't eat there. The other thing, if there were a number of witnesses who saw this, why didn't any of them pick up the gun after he forgot it? Did they simply leave it sitting somewhere? This story is sounding more implausible than OJ.

Not only that, he left his wife in the car on the street about a block and a half away from the restaurant. I originally envisioned his car parked right in front of the restaurant.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010516/re/crime_blake_dc_27.html

------------------

14. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Also, he parked the car in an alley next to a trash dumpster. Not that that means anything, but not the safest of places to park - and there is no way I'd leave my wife there in the car while I go back. Drive back, double park and run in to retrieve it.

------------------

15. RocketMan Tex

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You guys who are saying that Blake is guilty, are completely wrong! What proof do you have? Everybody forgets their gun every once in a while! And for you people who think he did it, how could he do it if he forgot his gun in the restaurant!? Hmmm? And it isn't like his wife had a shady past right? And it's just coincidence that the murder looked like one out of his old T.V. show! Nothing suspicious here! [​IMG]

------------------
    See the three, be the three.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Man, that is so groovy, it should be banned! [​IMG]

Funny that Baretta is from Stephen J. Cannel who brought us such fine tv shows as:

The Commish
    Booker
    21 Jump Street
    Hunter
    The A-Team (I pity the fool that didn't watch this show)
    The Greatest American Hero (ah, Ms. John Tesh (Connie Seleca) with William Kat and Robert Culp!)
    The Rockford Files (Hello, this is Jim Rockford...)

Fun facts about him:

He is dyslexic.
    He is bringing back the A-Team this year in movie form! Good lord!

------------------
    The internet is about the free exchange and sale of other people's ideas. - Futurama

18. Curly

Curly Member

You have to wait for the Finals...Nothing like watching Berreta in the top left corner of you NBA Finals!

------------------
    In the end there will be no judges...only witnesses to my greatness.