1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone currently wearing #40?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenna, Aug 27, 1999.

1. Jenna

Jenna Member

I have received confimation from an excellent source that if the Francis deal goes down, Shandon Anderson will become a Houston Rocket. He and his agent have been in contact with the Rockets throughout the day, and at this point, it looks incredibly close - so close the Rockets may be making the #40 jersey that Shandon would be given at the player introduction conference at this very moment.

Remember when the Rockets introduced Barkley and Kevin Willis magically appeared? Could have a repeat of that in the works....

------------------
    Jenna
    Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm stuck as a you-know-who fan 'til 2003. Once I decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing, I'll let ya know!

2. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Bless you Jenna, bless you.

I am so happy to hear this and you are very reliable.

3. djones

djones Member

I already like the trade, but that would make it soooo much better. That would most likely give the Rocks the fastest team in the league.

4. WORLD B. FREE

WORLD B. FREE New Member

I'm pretty sure that Grandville Waiters wears #40.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If the Rockets sign Shandon Anderson to go along with this Francis deal... oh man. I can't begin to tell you how stoked I would be!

Pippen, Cuttino, Francis, Mobley and Anderson?

Athleticism would no longer be the problem.

Way to go Jenna -- and Jeff -- for keeping us up on the latest on Anderson.

------------------
    Clutch

Rockets get Pippened... again
    www.clutchcity.net

sirjesse likes this.
  6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hey, as long as they're going to be making that #40 jersey.....

Why don't they go ahead and make that HOUSTON ROCKETS -- WORLD CHAMPIONS 1999-2000 banner as well?

Rokman likes this.
  7. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!! I AM GOING TO HYPERVENTI...WHATCHAMACALLIT!!!

DEATH TO THE LAKERS!! LETS SEE WHO RUNS WHO OUT OF THE BUILDING!!!!!

(Sorry for yelling)

------------------
    BRING ON ANDERSON!!!!

8. 4CJ33

4CJ33 Member

HYPERVENTILATE ~ to be affected with hyperventilation; breathe abnormally fast and deep.

Here's a bag, buddy. Inhale, exhale. And repeat. There ya' go. I understand completely. You'll be okay. I was just there myself. By the way, you're bag is a new one.(not re-used) [​IMG]

9. CoolMann

CoolMann Member

Hey Clutch, Cuttino & Mobley is one person. It's beddy bye time for Clutch. Need to get some sleep before all the singings go down. Being extremly excited and extremly sleepy, that's a bad combination.

10. 4CJ33

4CJ33 Member

Oh, BTW. I'm not that illiterate...it's your not you're. (from my last post up ^ there) And, who needs metabolife today? I'm flyin' highhhhhh.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

CoolMann -- LOL! Thanks for catching that. You're right about the sleep factor. I'm starting to lick the walls for nourishment... always a bad sign.

I was thinking 5 total and meant Rhodes actually. One thing I do like Rhodes for is the running game -- remember, he could pass pretty damn well.

Bryce Drew also can get out and run.

My concern for the running game? Hakeem. The guy hasn't run for a while now. Still playing well, and our best option, but don't expect him to be leading the pack too often.

------------------
    Clutch

Rockets get Pippened... again
    www.clutchcity.net

12. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Clutch,

I think is going to be fine. He is still training excessively and running alot of miles to keep his legs strong.

Sure, he ain't 26. But I think that Dream still has alot of athleticism left in him

------------------
    BRING ON ANDERSON!!!!

13. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Clutch- Looks like it may be time to change your signiature.

14. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Man, if we get Anderson on top of Francis, I don't how I will pas the days between now and training camp! I can feel my adrenaline rushing as we speak!

Just one question; Would the Rocks make a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Anderson (maybe Mack) or would they just sign him? I wouldn't be suprised that if the ex-Jazz comes, Smack will be the one to depart.

Man, and to think, just a couple of weeks ago we were all saying how quiet this off-season was panning out!

Azim da Dream

------------------
    Mobley AND Francis in the same backcourt? Can anyone say 'what hall-of-famers'?

15. SLC GRIFF

SLC GRIFF Member

If the Rox do get Shandon away from the Jazz it will not be in a sign and trade deal. Larry Miller has come out and said if Shandon leaves it will have to be for less money and he doesnt want anybodys crap. The hate between those 2 is starting to get unreal.

16. outlaw

outlaw Member

I think Miller was bluffing. He would be stupid to let him walk away for nothing. Oh wait, I forgot who were talking about. Nevermind.

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I believe Tyrone Washington is #40 and Venson Hamilton is #43.

18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

No. I believe the closest is Uncle Jeff at #32.

Jayzers_100 and Believe It! like this.
  19. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I'm glad we could get to the bottom of this in a timely fashion

sirjesse and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

who the hell is Shandon Anderson and why is Clutch so stoked to have him?

sirjesse likes this.