1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horry gives Hakeem Props

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by supertruck97, Aug 29, 2005.

1. supertruck97

supertruck97 Contributing Member

Didn't see this posted...Another player giving Hakeem his due...

Dustin York Phoenix: Which single player has impacted you the most in your career? And which one have you most enjoyed playing with? Go Spurs Go

Robert Horry: I think I probably enjoyed playing with Dream the most of anybody. He was a great talent and he was so amazing. Plus to work with someone from another culture was special. Of course, playing with Shaq and Kobe and Tim Duncan is great too! Oh, I almost forgot. For all you youngsters out there, The Dream is Hakeem Olajuwon and he was a great, great player.

You can find the entire transcript here:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/chat/robert_horry_transcript_050826.html

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's continuously given Dream love the past for years. One tiny reason why I continue to root for him, if not the teams he's with.

Evan

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love Robert Horry. He never did a single thing against the Rockets. The Rockets just traded him for Charles. I was hoping he'd comeback to Houston after the departure of Calvin Murphy and it's looking like we're to the team to be on too.

4. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

Dream was definately a great great player... :cool:

5. corby

corby Contributing Member

Why's that? There's bad blood between him and Calvin over the kid?

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Much love to the legend...

[​IMG]

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

You must respect The Post :)

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Is it me or do all the strippers know Robert Horry. Anyway, Hall of Famer speaks, people listen (EF hutton).

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I always loved Horry. He will forever be a rocket in my mind. He is one of those players I wish we still had. In fact he is a player we should still have....instead of "My cousin Vinny" Baker(ehh) I hated the Barkley trade. Always have and Always will. Sam I am, Big shot Rob, and The Jet will forever remain Rockets in my heart.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Calvin Murphy doesn't like him much...guess he did not like his daughter being knocked up by ole Bob !

DD

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Bob Horry will always going to a Houstonian and Rockets in my selfish view. To make it even sweeter, he finds time to go and support the Strosmiles and Texans when he can.

Somehow I feel like Duncan will understand where Horry is coming from and accept his opinion, and on the other had Shaq might feel like he has been dissed ;) . Oh well I still love Shaq regardless.

12. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I rarely post on the many of mindless threads here - but this one definitely is worth it.

Anyone ever notice that every player that's played with Hakeem (except perhaps Pippen) speak of Hakeem as the greatest big man they have ever seen?

The country may not see it, but everyone who's truly watched him or played with him knows it.

13. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Mario Elie was asked the same question when he was with the Spurs and he said Hakeem was the best player he's ever played with. Duncan is realistic enough to know it's true. In fact, Hakeem gave him footwork lessons this summer too, according to the Spurs forum.

14. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Shaq has said the Dream was the best center he ever played against on several occasions and I believe he even said Dream was the best ever once. Of course Shaq used to say that to dis David Robinson whenever he was asked about him.

15. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

what happened between calvin and horry? i musta missed it...

16. PitydaFoo

PitydaFoo Contributing Member

Sam Cassell has also said Hakeem was the greatest he'd played with, when asked by Kenny Smith on Inside the NBA. Kevin Garnett was second on his list. Looks like the 2 championship runs really forged a bond between the guys.