1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAR No Longer Wants to be a Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, Aug 7, 2005.

1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Don't forget SAR turned down $48MM from the Bucks, said he would accept the MLE ($30MM) from the Nets, and will finally end up with something in between (assuming the Nets finalize the SnT). Money was clearly not his only consideration in choosing a team. That's probably one reason he's a bit ticked off because he turned down more money to choose the Nets. Right now, he probably wishes he took the Bucks offer like most players in his place would have.

2. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

both guys are free agents

if portland wouldn't take our garbage for mighty mouse, why would they take it for SAR

... don't you guys ever even try to understand the situations before creating these threads !?!

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

shareef is one of the classiest players in the league. i would be pissed in his position too.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lets try to get him. Then we could have SAR and Swift up front and T-mac and sura in the Back court. THat would make us the best or one of the best starting 5 in the league, and we don't have to worry if howard's heart condition returns.

5. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

i feel for bad for SAR...the guy has been in bad situations from the begining of his career....the Vancouver Grizzles probably had the worst management to ever exist in the history of the NBA.....then he got sent to the JailBlazers....sad.

6. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Please calm down before posting on a public forum

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude,
    i know what im talking about. Give me ONE WINNING TEAM SAR has been on.
    Thought so,

You got boomed on like Tmac on Bradley!

8. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

yeah let people express their opinions freely.

J

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Im not saying Juwan is a better player than SAR. I'm just saying Juwan is a better teammate. I've dissed Juwan alot, but thats only on his overrated skills, but SAR is always complaing about crap.
    complaining Zach Randolf getting more PT than him. etc. Shareef needs to realize, he's NOT the best player on the team.

The Grizzles after SAR=playoffs
    Atlanta with SAR=no playoffs
    Portland with SAR=no playoffs

He's basically a more athletic Derrick Coleman.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

No way were are getting SAR with Swift, he'll complain cause that's what he does when someone else on the team who plays PF is better than him (Zach Randolf).

At least Juwan has HEART.

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Et tu, Tinnman? ;)

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

please check the newspaper before starting a thread

13. Possum

Possum Member

What did Jersey give for SAR? Wasnt it just a conditional 1st rd pick?

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

and 4.5 million exception.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's one thing to exercise caution before you announce a deal. This is something completely different. SAR's been unlucky. Memphis never made the playoffs with Bibby either, IIRC. And it's his fault he was traded to the messes that are Atlanta and Portland. Give ME a break.

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I think it comes down to whether or not SAR can play unselfish and realize -- as tinnman said -- that he's not the *main-man* on this team. Can he be a team-player without complaining about not getting the ball or PT? That's the real issue. Personally, one of the main things I was concerned about was his knees/health. Over the last three seasons he's only played 53, 32, 54 games respectively. Of course, this was when he was one of the main options on his teams -- which would change if he came here. But, how healthy are his knees today? I wonder.

The argument that SAR has never been on a "WINNING team" or had playoff birth is not really an issue for me. That same argument can be used for a lot of good players -- as was Howard in numerous tinnman bashing posts (except it was the lack of championships argument for Howard). So, if you're going to make a case, at least be consistent, and focus on a players ability to play selfless and within the team. Even though SAR did have a direct influence on his teams success there are just too many factors to blame it solely on SAR. I mean, realistically, how far could *any* team go with a player of SAR's caliber without having a Duncan or Shaq or McGrady to shoulder most of the load? So, SAR not making the play-offs is a moot point.

Tinnman, you're right that *if* SAR brings any of his selfishness to this team it could harm chemistry. That's a concern that I believe that the coaching staff will iron out before they would make any moves. But I just hope that his health keep steady. Maybe it will if his PT is limited -- less PT, equals more heal time and less fatigue. I believe that less PT and *not being the man* could be the best thing for SAR.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3098/career

On a roster aspect...One of the thing this team is missing is an athletic scoring/rebounding SF -- not named TMac. I've always wanted some role players like Josh Howard or Marquis Daniels like Dallas on this team; potent inside player who's willing to bang it up in the post. Although these type players don't necessarily have good outside range, they would be very valuable to OUR team a lot. SAR seems to fit that mold.

#36 DavidS, Aug 7, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  17. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

You were saying SAR has always been a unhappy on every team he's been on. No one says he has been on winning team, but u saying he's an unhappy teammate is just stupid. I live in Vancouver so I followed the Grizz. SAR was ALWAYS trying his best and in interviews, he never was unhappy or forced trades or dissed the Grizz like Bibby or Francis did. 1 of the classiest guys in league and always thought about the team he is on, whether it was bad team or not.

Being on bad team does not mean the guy is unhappy...what a stupid statement you made.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

it is his fault! he wanted to be there. he knew what he got himself into.
    Dude, Bibby couldn't win cause he was with SAR! Bibby was better with a much better player in Webber. And i dont even like Webber!

There was this crap team called the Rockets and this Akeem guy was drafted to that mess. And somehow through skill and hardwork, he made that team awesome.

SAR got paid max money and he hasnt done crap. Shareef Abur-Derrick Rah-Coleman.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

he's obvious not happy in portland. and obviously not happy playing for nets, even though he hasnt even been there yet!

20. Kurupt the Kingpin

Selfish is definitely not the right word to describe Shareef. Calling him selfish and a locker room malcontent is ridiculous. Maybe we should start calling Elton Brand the same thing too?