1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Corpus paper Caller.com] Rockets interested in Jay Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Relativist, Jul 20, 2005.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

YES! I've been waiting my entire life to see the ALL-POINT-GUARD NBA team!

Maybe we can trade Yao and TMac for Jason Kidd and Steve Nash?

THAT WOULD RULE THE UNIVERSE b****EZ, FO' SHIZZLE.

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

wtf? well I guess it's better than cheering for France

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This guy deserves a look.

And I'm getting really tired of people bad mouthing those who give us reasonable updates. Just because you sit and read every friggin thread and spend all day trying to play king of the hill doesn't mean those of us with heavy work loads and relatoinships don't REALLY appreciate quality threads and thoughts and threads that may be a bit of reiteration, but not to us. So take a chill pill and quit pis*in on others who have no agenda.

p.s. Putting down someone because they work for a smaller print outlet is just plain wrong. I have worked in media over 25 years so I can comment with some experience that anyone with desire and hustle and a few connections can be the news breaker or KARL ROVE of any news. Ask Drudge.

4. spookyd

spookyd Member

Duke basketballers and Heisman trophy winning quarterbacks - Great in college, average (at best) in the pros. :rolleyes:

5. cdastros

cdastros Member

Espn is about to do a story on Jay Williams.

6. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Interesting. VG brothers are both interested in him ?

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Did anybody see Jay Williams on SC this morning? They were doing a story on his progress and specifically on his recent workout. He was asked what he had lost in the accident. His reply: explosiveness.

~" I don't really see myself driving down the lane and dunking over Yao Ming..."

Doesn't sound like Houston is first and foremost on his mind as a destination.

8. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

What makes you think that? It was actually reported that Houston is one of the 6 teams he's considering. The report from Sportscenter didn't mention which team he might join, it focused on his progress. It looks like he's doing fairly well

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Even though he has lost explosivness that might make him a better true point guard. he will look more to pass and not go dring the lane all the time...it might get him to work an any skills he lacked when he relied on the explosivness and make him that much better of a point guard.

10. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

what's the price of Jay?

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Do you have that backwards? Six teams have contacted his agent-- including Houston. I don't remember seeing anywhere that he was thinking of Houston.

The example he gave about dunking: the universal example would have been Shaw not Yao-- unless you are thinking about Shaq as a teammate.

I'm just over-analyzing the words he used...

12. macfan

Yes, you are. He used Yao as an example because he's the tallest guy in the league. What he's saying is that he can't dunk like he used to

13. micah1j

micah1j Member

League minimum until someone gets desperate.

14. macfan

He's priceless

15. Rook

Rook New Member

Three out of four in his knee, that's probably his anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments and the medial collateral ligament, probably taking a piece of the medial meniscus with it. That knee is WRECKED. Sounds like they did a good salvage job on his leg, but it'll never even be 40 per cent of what it was.

16. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

I say no to Williams for now. The guy didnt have a great season even before he got injured and unless the Rockets are really desperate for a PG (which with Head, Sura, and James we are not) there is no reason to go after Williams. I would much rather go after DS or the Williams playing in Memphis.

17. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I don't know... with modern medical miracles like "Tommy John Surgeries," it may be better than 40 percent. Anyone know what the difference would be in replacing the UCL compared to replacing the ligaments that JW tore?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not to mention taking cadaver's ligaments has significantly improved this procedure.

DD

19. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Then Dick Vitale would finally be happy with our team.