1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start your picken

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sir scarvajal, Apr 20, 2000.

1. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Next round starts Sunday, have the Knicks-Heat pick at least (if not all) by then.

------------------

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The NBA site has Phil - Ind listed for Saturday.

Phil 4-3
    NY 4-2
    Port 4-2
    LA 4-2

Do our point totals accumulate or is each of the playoff levels a distinct contest by itself?

Mango

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited May 05, 2000).]

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My 2nd round picks:

Philly 4-2 over Indiana
    New York 4-2 over Miami

Portland 4-3 over Utah
    Lakers 4-1 over Phoenix

------------------

4. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Round 2

Mia 7
    Ind 6
    Jaz 6
    Lak 5

I really think the Knicks are the best team in the east and have the best shot against the Lakers. But I also think Miami in the east matches up well against them. Like all there playoff series, it will be a bloody war that goes 6 or 7 games. I figure everyone else will be picking NY, and I really think it is going to be a close series, so what the hey--I'll say Tim Hardway comes off the pine and pulls the Allen Houston this year and hits it at the buzzer in game 7.

As for Phily, Indiana handled them rather easily last year. Rose and Co. will do good enough againt Iverson, and the rest of the Pacers are just better. This is why it was so important that Indy got the top seed in the east-so they can make, then lose, the conference finals again.

Jazz-Blazers, like the Heat-Knicks, is a war that will be tough to call. I'll go with team that executes better to pull it out in the stretch over the team with more talented individuals. The Blazers are getting zero from their young players they kept-Oneal and Wells, maybe we pryed away their better back-up players while in the process of getting rid of Snottie and his ridiculus contract..

Lakers got their wake-up call. Barring injury it is over. The shot to take them out last night faded quick.

BTW-I'll update the points early next week, damn Jazz pulling out the squeaker ain't going to help me.

Mango, I guess both. The original intent was cumulative, but why not keep track round by round. I imagine quite a few posters won't remember to follow up.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited May 06, 2000).]

5. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Indiana 4 Philly 3

New York 4 Miami 2

Portland 4 Utah 2

LA 4 Phoenix 1

------------------

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Suns vs. Lakers -- Lakers 4-1

Jazz vs. Blazers -- Blazers 4-2

Sixers vs. Pacers -- Pacers 4-3

Knicks vs. Heat -- Knicks 4-2

------------------
    "Okay KG, next time down, you give Cousin Billy his turn, then he'll give Uncle Joe his turn, then we'll give Shaq a turn."

-Rudy T, in the Dream Team 2000 huddle

7. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Knicks 4-2
    Pacers 4-3
    Blazers 4-3
    LA 4-1

The Knicks series would've been 4-3 if Miami have a healthy Hardaway. I thought about an LA sweep, but then again I remember Kidd is playing now.

Ahhh... the infamous *. You are now a true Rocket fan, hos. [​IMG]

Welcome back Freak.

[This message has been edited by MoonBus (edited May 06, 2000).]

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Indiana 4 Philly 2
    Philly plays to Indiana's strength by shooting poorly, unlike Milwaukee did. This series is a wipe out. In Game 4 Mark Jackson goes for a near triple double to Put Indy up 3-1. He finally gets to finish some games instead of Best because of matchup advantages. It easy sailing in gamne 6. Indiana 94 Philly 75.

New York 4 Miami 3
    Tough Series, but New York has too much firepower for the Heat. Marjerle completely shut down by sprewell and Houston. He scores less than 5 a game. It all comes down to game 7. It's in that game we see Allan Houston go for a whopping 14 points. 12 in the fourth quarter. 7 in the last two minutes. Jeepers Creepers. New York 84 Miami 81 in game 7. Sprewell 14 points and Ewing 19.

Utah 4 Portland 3
    Utah makes yet another push toward the title. Wallace seems to snatch every rebound, but the Jazz shoot lights out at home and sneak one vicotoy away from Portland at the Garden. Pippen travels to seal game 3 for the Jazz, who almost never win game 3, but that's what makes this series different. Utah 102 Portland 90 in game 7. Malone and Hornacek combine for 47 and 57 % FG.

LA 4 Phoenix 1
    Oneal is a monster. Kobe a Titan. Rice, well, a bowl of sticky rice with yogurt. Wasssuuuuup. Lakers 109 Pheonix 104 in Game 5. Kobe goes for 24. Shaq for 32. Rice for 10.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Round 2 -
    Knicks in 7.
    Sixers in 6.
    Lakers in 5.
    Blazers in 5.

------------------

10. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Complete Round 1:

SS -6
    MB -1
    HP +3
    JV -8
    HB -8
    MG -14
    CB -10
    FK +4
    CT +7
    HS +3

The 4 folks who are positive are kicking right now, especially Cat at a remarkable +7. Go check out Cat's predictions again- picked 7/8 winners, called 5 of his 7 winners right on the botton in terms of # of games-great job!!

Again, check my math if you think there may be a mistake. If you haven't picked round 2 feel free to do so and we can think about whether to include the score (OK by me, no $ is at stake, it is all for fun anyway).

------------------

11. hos

hos Member

dag! I am late again. sorry sir scar,

i´ll still try to send in my predictions, knowing reggie and jalen beat philly, lakers destroyed the suns in game 1 and miami killed the knicks.

la-phoenix 4-2
    game one doesn´t mean anything, the suns will grab two before the series is over. before the kings-series i would have said lakers in 5 but they seem to get sloppy every now and then. suns ain´t playin.

portland-utah 3-4
    phew! tough one. don´t like these teams, couldn´t care less about the outcome. i hope this series is over soon, but i think it will take seven games. the edge goes to utah. why? i have no idea.

miami-new york 3-4
    a grueling hard-fought series. ewing wants it bad, real bad

indiana-philly 4-2
    i like philly, but indiana will wrap it up in six

there you are, sir scar. next round i´ll be on time. untill then, BobFinn me. i deserve it.

------------------

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry I'm late getting into Round 2. I'm just getting back in town. Go ahead and put an asterisk on me since I already know Pacers are 2-0, Miami is 1-0, Portland's 1-0, and LA's 1-0. It doesn't look like I'll win anyway.

Ind 5
    Mia 7
    Uta 7
    LAL 5

------------------

13. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

Rockets over Pacers in 6!!!

------------------
    ***Elie... we don't need no stinkin Elie Mobley's takin over ROCKETS IN 2000 BABY***

14. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

While I am sure most participants are running out of steam about now, I'll be out of town for 10 days so I'll have to do my conference finals picks now:

Lakers in 5

AND (depending on match-ups)

Ind over Mia in 7
    OR
    NY over Ind in 6
    OR
    NY over Phi in 5
    OR
    Mia over Phi in 7

------------------

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm getting murderized so far, but hopefully I can turn things around with the conference finals and finals to get back up to zero.

Lakers over Blazers in 6.

I'll await the winners in the East before posting my next round predictions.

------------------
    Looking for work in Houston. If you know of something I might be interested in, email me at sgafford@lexecon.com .

16. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Dang, I was doing well, should have gotten my 2nd rd. picks in. Oh well.....here is my 3rd rd.:

Blazers 4-3 over LA

The jury is still out in the East, so I plead the 5th until they finish!

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

17. hos

hos Member

question: do the lakers and blazers have to wait until the eastern series are over to start their conference final series?

if not, here is my western prediction:
    lakers in 6

the east will follow as quickly as possible.

------------------

18. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Portland in 7.

Mango

------------------
    Arch Stanton lives!

Donate Blood!

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

West Finals:
    Portland over LA in 6.

Eatsern conference will follow as soon as the matchup is known.

------------------

20. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Lakers over Blazers in 7

AND (depending on match-ups)

NY over Ind in 6
    OR
    Ind over Miami in 7

Yes, I am sure that Ind will be the winner of the Ind-Phi series.