1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Tyson Chandler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Neo, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Neo

Neo Member

Has anybody considered Tyson Chandler as a possible pick up? He is a restricted free agent but still a free agent. He could bring some presence down low and has major potential for developement. Last year he averaged more rebounds(9.7) than points(8.0) but hey we could really use that, with Ming leading the team with only 8.6 RPG. I don't check often but if some one else already suggested him, sorry for repeating it.

2. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

"We landed on the mooon!!!!!"

3. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i like this guy. he can block and rebound. kinda likea ben wallacea sorta.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Nah, this board has not considered him, he's too young to play for the Rockets!!!!! LOL :p :p :p

5. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

What about???

DOING SOME DAMN RESEARCH BEFORE YOU JUST THROW OUT THE SAME PIPEDREAM 38 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE.

Paxson has repeatedly promised to match ANY offer for Chandler. Seeing as he's a restricted free agent, an MLE offer to Chandler would be Christmas for the Bulls because if he signs an MLE offer sheet they get him for 1/2 the price they would've had to pay. Unless we pull a sign and trade, which Chicago would NEVER want to do because they don't need cap relief, there is NO WAY we get Chandler.

6. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

One more thing, if we're going to talk about ideal power forward scenarios, why do we never mention Carlos Boozer? Real GM shows Wesley + Spoon would fly under the salary cap and we know that he's in Sloan's doghouse and the owner wants out of his contract. AK-47 has a big payday coming his way and I doubt they want to continue to pay for a guy who's better as a secondary player. He doesn't have much in the way of shotblocking but he's 24 and averaged 17 and 9 last year. I'd rather have Haslim than Boozer, but he's a more likely target through a S&T.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Neo - it's blunt, but Bullard4Life is right.

It's virtually impossible. Via free agency, it IS impossible. Chandler will not sign an MLE offer, which is all the Rockets could give him. He is looking for an offer sheet for the highest dollar amount because he knows the Bulls will match it no matter what. The only way is via trade and the Bulls would have to radically change their direction to be open to that.

8. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

One reason may be Boozer's salary is $11.6MM for 5 more years. The Jazz paid way too much and, except for the first 5-6 games of the year, he was a huge disappointment. He and Sloan clearly do not get along. If we are gonna pay over $11MM per year for our 3rd best player, we can do better than Boozer.

9. tested911

tested911 Member

First off I was wanted too see if we could pick up Boozer.

People dont realize that all the media is saying he is a bust and has a huge fat contract. But people dont even see his stats. Look at what he brings in Rebounding Scoring.!!!! I mean he can do it guys. If we were even thinking about Jason Kid, Hell we should of at least thought about boozer.

I think the reason why he was givin a bad rap is because he didnt offer a 20 and 10 in his first season at utah. But give the guy a break will you he still brought in 17.8 points and 9 rebounds a game in 34 min. And this would be the perfect trio.

Carlos would be such a key in obtaining a ring if thats what people on this board is after.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

more like....

Hello, and welcome to last MONTH. :p

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

For the last 2 years, the number one guy I've wanted for us to get at PF is Chandler. But, our opportunity to get him was last summer or even the winter. I think its too late now. The only chance I see, is if Chandler decides to do a one year deal to become an unrestricted FA, and then he'll probably be over our price range next summer. Sure doesn't look like we'd have anything CHI would want, besides Howard, and I don't think that's enough to get the job done, especially after his heart issues.

It really sucks, because he'd be the perfect fit here.

13. striker

striker Member

There is no other team message board than ClutchCitywhere more ridiculous, fantasy land trades or player acquisitons are proposed.

14. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

My first choice would be for Chandler. He would be ideal for our team. HOWEVER, this is a complete dream. First, we cannot afford him as a FA acquisition. Second, We cannot offer a S&T to get Chandler. ESPN is stating that Chandler should get a deal near the max. For all the Boozehound fans, Carlos is making 11 Million a year. We would have to gut our team for a sign and trade with our long time nemesis, Utah Jazz.

15. tested911

tested911 Member

What about all the expiring contracts coming up?

16. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

I don't think anybody has...and hey, what about Stromile Swift? I don't think he's been mentioned here - or even Donyell Marshall. :rolleyes:

17. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Expiring Contract will come to play after the season starts. Usually January or February. Swift and Chandler will be signed long before then.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What was the deal with Boozer last year...I mean he arguably had a better year than his prior one...rebounds down a bit, scoring up.

The Big Z seems like a similiar rebounder as Yao, and when Boozer played with him, he gobbled up nearly 11.5 boards a game.

His contract is off the chart, and he is a little undersized, especially from a weak-side defensive presence (not too many blocked shots), but he would definitely be a major upgrade....not going to happen anyway.

19. Nero

Nero Member

Chandler, as nice as he is at what he does, is almost a complete liabiltiy on offense. He can block shots, and he can rebound, but he has no post moves, and no jumper outside of ten feet.

So, while what he does would be nice here, perhaps there are other options which could give us a long, lean, super-high-energy guy, rebounding and shot blocking, and hustle.. Maybe even someone we already drafted.. ;)

Let's see what the summer league shows for Badiane.. heck, I thought he showed a heck of a lot of hustle and desire two summers ago, so hopefully he is a lot more refined now.

Maybe we already HAVE our Chandler..

20. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Please, you obviously have never been to the realgm or espn boards.

This board is pretty good, all things considered. If you are going to insult all of us, at least get the name of the site right.