1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Embarassment for the Rockets Organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 3, 2005.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Classic, RocketMike! Really- who cares what other teams do? Shoot, I pretty much stand up and applaud both teams that make it to the NBA Finals each year (yes, even the Jazz in 1997 and 1998- and I was at Game 6 in 1997) because it really is a very difficult thing to do. If you're secure within yourself, you don't worry about anyone else, you focus on what your team does.

Next season is going to be great!

Oh, yeah, and congrats to the Spurs.

2. striker

striker Member

Spurs and Rockets have something in common, they both were fortuenate enough to have a number one pick when great big men that have/will impact the game were in the draft two times each. Spurs got Robinson and Duncan. Rockets got Hakeem. Unfortunately they picked Yao missing the great big man Stoudamire. So it's Spurs three titles and counting ad Rockets two and stuck.

3. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

uhh no..how about best case scenario being HOUSTON wins it all??
    ..sometimes i dont even know what board im reading sometimes

4. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

We didn't miss on stoudimire.. he's as much a product of the system as anyone i've ever seen. He doesn't play the post.. and to be honest they are built kind of like the sonics of the 90's... athletic fast paced team... great regular season philosophy... but come playoff time... good night....

ROCKETmike

5. striker

striker Member

Stoudamire doesn't play the post? He sure plays it on offense a lot better than Yao. And his defense and rebounding will be coming on. I'd MUCH rather have Stoudamire than Yao.

6. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

That's some great stuff: Thanks! I needed a laugh!

7. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Tinman,
    I've got to say that I really admire what you are doing right now. Real Rockets Fans do, indeed, hate the Spurs. Robert Horry resigning with the Rockets is a horrible idea, but I respect it.

Words of encouragement, though. The Spurs still don't own the rockets, 13 in 35 seconds. Our God is an Awesome God. The good Lord wont let the Spurs own the Rockets. I have faith that that will remain true. Secondly, the Spurs have 2 championships. I'm surprised that you would say that they have more. They played, essentially, the same Knicks we played, but 6 years later, in a B.S., farm league season. Please. Did they even get rings for that one?

Look, the fight is not over. The Armies of Sauron are gathering, but there is still hope.
    -fromobile

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If it was a B.S., farm league season, why did we have the Compaq Center sold out and rocking every night? Why were we all so optimistic about the Pippen signing? I don't want to get into the Rockets/Spurs argument (because everyone knows where I stand), but this asterisk stuff is lame. I'll use the Lakers fans as an example, since they're the group that throws around the * more than others. I never saw any of them use the term asterisk or even mention the thought that the '99 title meant less... until their team went out. Then it became a nice little excuse.

If the Pippen acquisition had worked out and we would have gone on to win the title in '99, I would've been the happiest camper in the world, and you guys would have too. The Rockets would've captured this city and Finals tickets would go for $500 a pop, minimum. Unless you were saying back in January of '99 (when we signed Scottie) that the season was irrelevant (and I saw no one do that) the case for an asterisk is weak at best.

#108 The Cat, Jul 2, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I know this is not going to be a repeat of last year about everybody wants to play in Houston, but instead they sign left over parts. Why can't the rockets get good quality role players for a change? Phoenix didn't waste no time getting Raja Bell. Oh, I forgot they have a guy that won executive of year.