1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim, find a way to bring Adam Dunn home

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rikesh316, May 26, 2005.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy smokes, we just agreed again!!! 2 for 2!! keep it rolling!!!

i'm also tempted to pick Giacomo in the Belmont, because he seems to run long well....what do ya think??

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Well...if he is a free agent this offseason (i think someone alluded to that), then the Reds would be absolutely, positively crazy not to trade Dunn for Lidge...given their history of bullpen trouble.

I just dont see us doing it...althouhg I have been wrong before....not often, but ive been wrong;)

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

According to 610 the other day, he's signed through the 2007 season.

4. NJRocket

Giacomo may be the pick....but something tells me that Steinbrenners horse will win the Belmont and coincide with the Yanks taking over 1st place.

5. Buck Turgidson

IIRC, the Stros inquired about Dunn a couple of years ago.

Roy Oswalt was the price tag.

6. NJRocket

I know its off topic in the thread but I saw this a few minutes ago on espn.com...

Roger Rumblings
    As the Roger Clemens rumors continue to rage, baseball men who have spoken with Clemens say he isn't even going to contemplate whether he wants out of Houston until halfway through the season. So could we cool this hysteria for a few weeks, at least?

Meanwhile, one baseball man with ties to both Clemens and Astros owner Drayton McLane is more dubious than most people that McLane would deal away Clemens for any reason.

"I know how much having Roger around means to Drayton's ego and his pocketbook," he says. "He still sells out the ballpark when he pitches. And he's such an icon, Drayton is already trying to figure out how to bring him back next year."

The same source also doubts that, in the end, Clemens will attempt to force himself out of Houston – because personal reasons to stay will trump all the baseball reasons to exit.

"You have to remind yourself Roger has such a good deal," he said. "He doesn't have to go on the road trips until it's his turn to pitch. He gets free use of Drayton's jet. It's a hell of a deal. Where else is he going to get that?"

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I love having Clemens around. I think that he just might be the greatest pitcher ever. I want him here next season. But if we're a dozen games out of the WC at the trade deadline, and there's an offer of legitimate prospects for him, I would hope that McLane doesn't refuse just to keep the guy here and sell tickets.

Again, imo if you make every decision as a baseball decision, in order to improve the team on the field either now or in the future, you'll have the best success longterm both in the field and in revenue. People will support a winning ballclub.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ugh...i hope not.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We'll have to hear how Dreighton's too cheap to get good trainers and jockeys. :D

10. msn

msn Member

:D :D

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I think we would have better shot getting Sean Casey or Wily Mo Pena than Adam Dunn. You can't trade a guy thats young and can hit 45+ homers.

12. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Yes you can if you are due a big raise and are employed by the cheap Reds.

13. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

If I was Tim, I would say O,Lidge, Franchise and Taveras are untouchable. LETS MAKE A DEAL!

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah thats true because the Reds have been a joke for years now. If I was the Reds GM I would protect Dunn,Casey, and Pena. Anybody else you could have for cheap.

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I would also prefer not to lose Lidge, Ensberg or Todd Self.

16. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I'd be shocked if the Reds traded Dunn. Now they do have to make a move, but I'd guess it's either Griffey (his salary is so high it's probably a Yankees typ of deal who BTW needs a CF) or A. Kearnns (they need to make room for W. Pena). I've always thought Casey may be availbale but apparently he is the team leader so I've heard he is not available.
    So that being said I doubt you see Dunn being traded. Could happen but like others said even less likley they would trade him to a division rival.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The Yankees are not going to make a trade to acquire Griffey's salary. Even the mighty Yanks are at the max salary they are willing to handle at $200M.

Even if they were willing to take on that kind of salary, it wouldn't be to get an older player who has diminishing skills and frequent guest points for the disabled list.

18. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

please tell me this whole thread is a huge joke ... this guy set the major league record for strikeouts in a season.

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

bassfly, i'm with you.

the other day, i heard palillo talking about how dunn is one of the top ten offensive players in the league, and i threw up in my mouth a little.

tell me palillo is trying to be more opinionated now that he is solo. The guy has really gone to crap, and it's not like rich lord was holding him up. I think he's doing it for ratings. Dunn is hitting around .240 stikes out more than ezikial astacio on ladies night and is just an average fielder. what's more is he's a punk (i know, that's personal opinion, but it is based on knowing the guy).

let dunn drop off the face of the earth.

20. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

First of all, I have to say that the Zeke quote was f-ing hillarious. Secondly, that's the second time I've heard that Dunn was a jerk. I'm from the woodlands and I have a friend that went to Caney Creek High. She said he was an absolute A-HOLE.