1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you're born ugly, are you doomed for life?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LegendZ3, May 17, 2005.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, Ron Jeremy has it where it counts, so he doesn't need good looks. I think JVG is hiding a big secret from us...

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

My thoughts exactly. This "study" sounds more like something a cosmetics marketing company rigged.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

generally, the better looking people have highly symmetrical faces.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yeah. It's the way we choose mates. It's innate. That's why old people are not attractive looking. It all has to do with survival instincts.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

man, that's dark.

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Meowgi:

what makes you think people with kids keep their sanity?

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Oh, I get it. They say it because they are insane.

8. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

So is cheating on your significant other/spouse, but it's come into our societal morals that we shouldn't and therefore we don't. The innate part is not what I'm having issues with. It's that no matter what, beauty is all subjective. The individual preferences of each person are hardwired into us. It's not the fact that beauty is hardwired into us, it's the fact that OUR PERCEPTION of beauty is uniquely hardwired into us. What I think is beautiful is hardwired into me, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to fully appreciate my concept of beauty as much as I do. And furthermore, I could not possibly appreciate your version of beauty as much as you do, because that's what's hardwired into you, and is unique to you.

So the results of this test are basically unique to the opinions of the proctors, which is complete crap.

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Of course not, there's always the Hangout.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

And I thought I was here because I am doomed for life.

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Damn straight!

13. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

What's disturbing about this study is that it shows the lack of enlightenment that the country is heading in. We are already in an era of materialism and now we are heading towards vanity. This study is about how we appear to others, or how rich we'll be if we are a certain height. As if money and looks brings fulfillment to life :rolleyes: . We only need to see all those celebrities checking into drug rehab clinics to remind ourselves that money and looks aren't everything. Who cares if you are a millionaire if you don't have friends or a spouse? I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and sad. We should be building up our inner self, instead of polishing our outer self. No wonder religion has sucked up so many people...

...of course, rich and happy is what I'm looking for :D

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

While we're on the subject of posting pictures of good looking people....

[​IMG]

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But that wouldn't qualify them for a Section 8. :)

I read an article from a pop psych mag that said that parents are generally happy with their first child, but don't see a great gain in happiness from having more children. Perhaps the delusion sets from unrealistic expectations like the thought of two children will produce twice the happiness from the first one.