1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Biggest Story of Our Lives

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by slickvik69, May 11, 2005.

1. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

There is some evidence that I find very curious relating to the election results. A lot has been mentioned here. But the most troubling is that AGAIN it took place in Florida. Where the president’s brother is governor. That's twice that Florida decided an election and twice there were voting irregularities in a state where the winners brother was governor.

I usually follow the idea that the simplest answer is usually the right one. But here I do believe that this needs to be examined as thoroughly as possible. Even if the Democrats had won the last two under the same strange events I would be calling for this. The stakes are just too high.

If this is true then we no longer a democracy.

2. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

What a coincidence.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

I thought their conclusion was that "there is no evidence, based on exit polls, that electronic voting machines were used to steal the 2004 election".

Caltech and MIT are hardly hotbeds neocon ideology.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ah hem....excuse me? did you miss me on the first album??? hello???

my rap skills are way underappreciated. i can think of nothing better than an Christian Irish attorney rapper. seriously...that would be da bomb. kinda like if you had the gecko do the robot on your website.

5. slickvik69

Here's a pic I found on another forum

[​IMG]

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LMAO, my mental picture of you is actually that dude - the one on the Geico commercial who does the robot, LOL!:D

7. MadMax

i'm not that bad!!! :D please erase that image!!!

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

A. I have a hard time believing Kerry was a 2 to 1 favorite. It was a horse race until the flawed early exit polls came out then everyone assumed Kerry one.
    B. If the oddsmakers are so informed why were tehy so off at the Derby last weekend? 50 to 1 longshot wins?
    C. If you look back to the election thread I posted right before the early exit polls came out that a friend of mine was working at the RNC here in Columbubus sand she told me before 1pm that Ohio was looking great for Bush. Then the flawed early exit polls came out and everyone assumed it was good data (said Kerry was winning Ohio and Florida by 3-4%). They didn't believe it here in Columbus at Republican HQ. What does all that mean? Nothing except the data they gathered throughout Ohio was better than the early exit polls leaked to the media.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yeah, you phrased it better than I but it was what I meant.

The Caltech and MIT report does not explain the discrepancy between the exit polls and the actual vote. They just rule out the cause as being electronic voting machine fraud.

Better?

10. slickvik69

That's what needs to be investigated. Why the discrepancy?

11. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I've heard this a few times but I recall most pollsters and analysts saying it was a toss up.

12. MadMax

Stuart: Well, its a well known fact, Sunny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as "The Pentavret". Who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known as "The Meadows".

Tony: So, who's in this "Pentavret"

Stuart: The Queen, the Vatican, the Yettis, the Rothschild, and Colonel Sanders before he went tet's up. Oooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face. "Oooh you're gonna buy my chicken, oooh".

Charlie: Dad? How can you hate the Colonel?

Stuart: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smartass.

13. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Let me break this down scientifically -

Hot liberal women vote in the AM. Horny male pollsters are told to talk to random people and get their results. Horny male pollsters talked to hot liberal women ignoring the other people at the polls.

:)

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Well technically we never have.

15. langal

We need an emperor who is greater and wiser than normal men. maybe someon like Ron Popeil.

16. langal

LOL - but you do bring up a tangential point of discussion here.

Democrats are probably better looking, on average, than Republicans.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Though I feel that Jim Lampley is a minor god along the lines of Nostradamus and Sting ~ I shall withhold my opinion(s) until Chad Ford and Peter Vescey step forward and enlighten us with their insights on The biggest story of our lives.

18. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

LMAO. We need pics.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol i love coming back and finding my drunken posts. i don't make them very often but they are amusing/semi-embarrassing when i find them and see what i wrote. i knew i made a ranting post last night but i couldn't remember where i posted it until now. good stuff.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

eh i wasn't too mad i was just feeling it. i could care less if he wants to post idiotic political stuff here but it was his other attention w**** threads that bothered me so i just posted here.