1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

advice on mp3 player

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yobod, May 9, 2005.

1. yobod

yobod Member

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I can tell you that the 20 GB Ipod usually sells for $299, and I think if you listen to a lot of music that 100 bucks is well worth 16 more GB of space(like 4,000 songs) provided you can afford it.

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Yeah, why drive a BMW when a Kia will get you there all the same?

The quality of engineering in Apple hardware and software is next to none. Buy one toy from Apple and you'll soon be shopping for more, because they're one of the few consumer electronics companies around anymore that inspire [rabid] customer loyalty through quality products. The cool points with the ladies are just an added bonus.

"Be independant! Buy a Dell!" puhleeeeze...

4. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

hmm.........'tis a rather intriguing deal

these guys reputable though??

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Can you buy TATTOOS for other players like you can for the iPod?
    http://bbs2.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?threadid=95957

It is not a FASHION thing, it is not a geek thing, it is the value and overall performance thing that make the iPod such a sweet thing to have.

yobod, how did you come up with that site? Is it yours? ;)

6. yobod

yobod Member

i honestly searched ipod rates... but i think its a scam... it says toll free number but the number is obviously a houston number. and i tried calling it and it doesnt have anyone picking up the calls just a answering machine that says leave a message.

kinda shady in my opinion. not worth the risk of losing $200

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Amazon "used and new" from 199. THESE should be trustworthy, I think. Why are you stuck on the 4GB one? Why not buy a used 15 GB one? What is your budget?

8. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

But a BMW is better than a Kia. An iPod is not better than a Dell. Dell's are actually better, technically, than ipods if you look at S/N ratio not to mention a better value. I never said buying a Dell made you independant but your post made it sound like you had to buy an ipod to be cool. I don't need an MP3 player to be "cool"; I need an MP3 player to play MP3 and Dell's (and Rio's and Zen's) all do that very well (just as well as Ipods do).

There are a lot of really good MP3 players our there. Ipods are good players as well. But if you need an Ipod to help you get laid, then whatever....