1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final 4: Detroit, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio: Who wins it all?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by slickvik69, May 9, 2005.

1. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Well, it looks to me like Phoenix and San Antonio will play in the western conference finals. Who wins? They are both on a roll. I want to say San Antonio after the way they beat Denver, who was 15-2 in their last 17 before meeting the Spurs. But the Suns are playing inspiring basketball as well right now.

In the East, it's going to be Miami-Detroit, I like Miami so I pick them (it's a good enough reason hahaha)

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Suns-Heat: (Suns in 7)
    This one would be too close to call.. I think the Suns might actually have a legit shot at beating the Heat though.. because their running style could virtually make Shaq a non-factor.. a big loss for Miami.

Suns-Pistons: (Pistons in 6)
    The Suns offense would not be able to get going much in this series. Detriot is one of the few teams that can match up with the Suns position for position..

Spurs-Heat: (Spurs in 6)
    The Spurs would simply out-talent the Heat.

Spurs-Pistons: (Dunno)
    This would perhaps be the best series.. the two most talented teams in the NBA slugging it out.. I give the edge to the Pistons as the defending champs.. but honestly I have no idea.. It would probably go 7 games no doubt.

3. slickvik69

Good enough. But, who do you think is going to make it out of the west and the east?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

motown...never underestimate da heart of a champion...

5. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

i'm gonna go bold and say

mike jones

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

How often do the 1 and 2 seeds make the conference finals in both conferences?

I like San Antonio over PHX'
    I like Miami over Detroit
    than
    Miami over San Antonio.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Detroit's winning it all. No doubt in my mind.

8. slickvik69

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I think if San Antonio plays their best, they cannot lose a 7 game series.

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Suns - Heat... Suns in 7.

Suns - Pistons... Pistons in 6.

Spurs - Heat... Whoever has home court advantage in 7.

Spurs - Pistons... Pistons in 7.

I don't see the Suns getting past San Antonio though.

The Heat Pistons ECFs will be an EPIC series, I can't wait for that one, check out these matchups.

Ben "Spider-web head" Wallace vs Shaq "The Fatman" O'Neal.
    Dwayne "The Flash" Wade vs Teyshaun "Lockdown" Prince.
    Eddie "?" Jones vs Richard "Mid-range" Hamilton.

Rasheed will have to play like he did in the 2000 playoffs for the Pistons to win, can he do that? Who will hit more big shots? Chauncey Billups or Damon Jones? Will Elden Cambell be ready? How big of a difference will Miami's deeper bench make? Will Detroit's 48 minute backcourt pressure give Miami's ball handlers fits? Will Arroyo make a difference? Will Darko make a basket or grab a rebound?

Yeah, I'm not missing a minute of that series.

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Spurs versus Heat. Spurs in 6.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm staying with the Heat, though it looks like it'll be one heck of a run to the championship. IMNSHO, the Spurs (Duncan in particular) look a little shaky. I see the Suns struggling when they meet a real defensive team that can knock them out of their gameplan. They need to hope and pray they don't meet the Pistons. I still like the Heat best, simply because of the sheer power they have at center and Wade's ability to torch opponents. With McGrady gone, no one else standing can match that. Only the Spurs, with Duncan-Nazr-Rasho, have a shot at slowing down the greatest 1-2 center punch I can recall seeing.

Evan

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

...because we all know that a series is over if a team wins game 1...

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

San Antonio

Best team wire-to-wire

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Detroit will win it this year and there is nothing Shaq or the west can do about it.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You mean "Funny Face" against "Mid-range"? Well, at least that is what I call Eddie Jones.

For some reason, I am pulling for the Suns to win it all. I guess it is because I like their style of play. And I am probably one of the few posters here who thinks that Amare Stoudemire is a stud. Yes, the guy is arrogant and no I would not trade Yao for him straight-up. But I find it humorous that so many people are saying all the dude can do is dunk. Someone posted, I think, that Amare still averages over 20 ppg without Nash and around 28 or so with him. I'll take a PF who can give me over 20 ppg any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

But I have a feeling that it will be the Heat that wins it all.

16. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Spurs vs. Pistons and I give the edge to the Pistons. Detroit is just too good.

But it depends on Tony Parker. When he plays great, the Spurs are close to unbeatable. Problem is, I can't forget his great start followed by a disappearing act during the Laker series last year. If Parker has finally grown up, I think the Spurs will win it all barring injuries.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

rockets, i still see a way, i still believe!

18. sbyang

sbyang Member

I didn't know that all 4 series going on right now were 1 game affairs!!!! Can't we wait until these series are over first? I know all the games were blowouts, but we blew out Dallas in the 1st game and Boston blew out Indy in the 1st game, look what happen there.

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

HAHA. Funny face.

Amare owns man, sometimes we get defensive and want to bring a player down to make our guy look better.

Shaq would like nothing more than to win it all but he's simply not the same player he was a few years ago. The good thing he has going for him is that he's playing with the most talent he's had in years so he doesn't have to be that good to win. I'd hate to see the Heat win because of him but if they do I'll tip my hat to him, even though Wade would HAVE to be the Finals MVP for them to win it all.

For those of you who say these series aren't over, make a case for Washington (HAHA!), Indiana (HA!), and the Sonics (na), Dallas is the only team that can realistically come back.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Finals: Spurs over Heat in 6 or 7