1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fake Menstrual Blood Used Among Guantanamo Interrogation Techniques

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, May 9, 2005.

1. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Terrible comparison.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yes, it is time to lock this baby up. The thread is now complete. Batman Jones has delivered his signature "moral highground" one liner.

The swoop and poop methodology at work.

3. wizardball

wizardball Member

bigtexx you need to go down to the ME and kill some mauslims....release some of that hate:D

4. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

lol the whole abu gharib scandal kicked ass

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This is the funniest and the most amusing use of unintentional irony I have ever seen.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Why is it a terrible comparison? Both are things against a person's religion. Are Muslims inherently more bound to their god than Catholics. It is really an apt comparison and shows how silly this controversy is.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Moniker:

Sub in rubbing the remains of an aborted fetus on a Catholic and you might be a little closer to a decent metaphor.

8. AggieRocket

My point exactly in saying that it is a terrible comparison.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Can't we just send them to Fear Factor. I'd watch.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

A woman wearing a thong is the equivalent of rubbing an aborted phoetus on someone? :rolleyes:

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This thread was kind of fun until this post... :eek:

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No offense, but could it be that you have been very drunk or high for a few days? Your posts are quite different from what they used to be...

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Oh, and so what if women in thongs interrogate these guys. I am more concerned about whether these guys have access to a lawyer and due process. For the thong thing, they should actually have to pay (unless the women look like Lynndie England or whatever her name was).

I am pretty sure I read that some of the 9/11 "holy warriors" frequently went to strip clubs etc. So much for them being role model muslims.

14. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

lol I guess you haven't looked at my post history long term

I'm a rebel without a cause!

15. AggieRocket

No, but rubbing menustral blood on someone is the equivalent of rubbing an aborted fetus.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're equating menustral blood with a fetus?

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

More to the point: PSYCHOPATHS

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously it isn't in your culture, but I would venture to say that the prisoners at gitmo don't share identical ideas and societal norms.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It's not a matter of equating them. StupidMoniker crafted a bogus metaphor in order to downplay Americans engaging in a heinous torture tactic specifically aimed at people of another religion. He likened the menstrual blood tactic to feeding a Catholic beef on Friday, specifically in order to say Abu Ghraib prisoners would be silly to be very offended by it. My point in bringing the fetus into it is that none of us gets to decide how seriously a person from another religion should take the willful offense to some religious belief -- particularly when that offense was devised specifically to humiliate and denigrate the tortured person in the eyes of his God. SM intentionally likened the menstrual blood thing to beef on Friday to make the decision for Muslims that they ought not to take it so seriously. So I say back to him that if I smear an aborted fetus in his face he'd be "silly" to think that was much worse than making a Muslim check out a chick in a thong. The point is -- the MAIN point is -- we don't get to decide this stuff for people from other religions and other countries. When we decide we do get to make those decisions, those people decide that we are an enemy to their religion and their God and they hate us. Later they decide to try and kill us. Later they do kill some of us and they're not the least bit dissuaded by the tough guy stuff because they entirely believe they are engaged in a Holy War. When we do this crap, we make them right to think that. I don't say by any means that our arrogant, ugly Americanism (as best evidenced by Abu Ghraib and certain ugly American BBS'ers saying the more's the better) means we deserve terrorist attacks, but I absolutely do say it doesn't help the situation. And I absolutely do say it makes it worse. And the fact that Bush and his people and his supporters refuse to acknowledge the harm we do ourselves when we do wrong in these ways is exactly why he is a the last person that should be leading the "war on terrorism."

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Capturing the Iraqis' hearts and minds is really a ploy to use it against them.