1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 5/7/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2005.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

I have a feeling this might be like Game 7 of the 1993 semis vs the Sonics - maybe the worst officiated game I have ever seen in the NBA. Hugh Hollins became famous for that game - I heard rumors that he was put on probabtion or something (unsubstantiated).

Point being - I hope we win the game if we outplay them - otherwise it's going to be an offseason of nothing but "the refs did us in" or "consipiracy" - If we lose I hope it's because we got outplayed.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Completly agree...i can owned up and say we lost to a team that has outplayed us..but to say we lost to a team that got help or we got bad calls is just beyond me...To say we lost any of those 3 games to the superior team is not right in my opinion...not cause of calls but becuase the ROCKETS didn't close out the game and lost it..we had them in hand and WE lost it...they did not take it from us...that's why i have faith...they are yet to prove anything and if we continue the way we have been playing we will be fine...

3. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

hey stack out of curiousity for (hopefully) the next round

where's your bar located?

4. Marbury021

Marbury021 Member

Does anybody know if there's a viewing party in Houston?

5. Stack24

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Well everyone, I'm going to Dallas today and for the next couple of days for a funeral, but I am going to seriously represent with Rockets gear if I can get to a sports bar tonight. God, I hate Dallas the city just as much as I hate the Mavs.

Rockets win 102-99 :cool:

7. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

thanks stack

might be seeing ya there one of these days

damn work from 3-10 :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He got it the stats pretty off.

JVG is 3-2 overall in the final game of a series (game 5 under old format first round or game 7). 3-1 when the final game is on the road (including a 3 game win streak).

He is 2-0 when his team is playing in that final game (5 or 7) when they also faced elimination in the game (game 4 or 6) prior (ie, fell down 1-2, won the series 3-2, or fell down 2-3, won the series 4-3).

The 5-0 stat is the Rockets' record following games in which Moochie Norris gets off the bench but plays less than 12 minutes.

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

because thats usually garbage time

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

All I got to say is that if Dick Bavetta is calling this game, I'm going to jump off a building.

...Or better yet, I'll toss him from a building.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm going to get up at 3:30 a.m. to watch this game. And I know the Rockets will win it! :)

12. Stack24

Reminds me of when i was in England for the first Championship i was up at like 3:30 in the morning to watch the live feed...i was screaming all over the place and woke up my uncles and everyone...was such a great feeling....

13. Frodo

Frodo Contributing Member

WIN

Rockets : 110
    Mavericks: 101

14. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Today is a defining moment for Yao. If he plays well AND helps Rockets to win, he will grow to become a star in NBA. Otherwise, I see him going downhill from here on...

15. Stack24

I think a lot of people have that perception because of the fact that T-Mac has shown up each game and Yao fades in an out..he defientnly needs to step up and play with the killer instinct needed for the playoffs and take the game in his hands...

16. entaro

entaro Member

any radio link for fans out in south-east asia (like me) ?

thanks

17. Holy Cow

Holy Cow Member

Rockets in 1!!!

18. tsl99

tsl99 Member

go rockets, go tmac, go yaoming

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

we have fans all ovr the world supporting Yao, T-Mac, and Van Gundys Rockets...

just today, on a subway in Washington Heights NYC, I was wearing my 94-95 throwback sweatshirt, when in walks a guy rocking the 71-72 throwback hat, he was listening to his music on his headphones, but I walked over to him and got his attention. i rubbed my Rockets logo and put up my hand with a "Number 1" sign, as if to say "One More"....

he unzipped his coat and revealed his matching T-Mac throwback jersey.

I love this team!!

20. trer

trer Member

This just in from Rick Barry on Sporting News Radio: He feels in his gut that Yao will have a big game tonight and one team will blow the other team out.