1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Ryan Bowen hurt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, May 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Is Ryan Bown hurt?

Whats the deal with the restricted minutes on Ryan Bowen over the last few games? I also noticed that he had a limp last night but was still getting after it like a banchi....that guy brings it every night and leaves it ALL on the floor.

2. haven

haven Member

Ryan Bwen seems less effective given more minutes. As frenetic as he is, possibly he tires quickly. Also, Irk seems to 'figure him out" a bit. Bwen seems best used as an alternative to McGrady, not a stand-alone option. And if he's not covering Irk, there's really no reason for him to be on the floor, given his offensive ineptitude.

It's also worth noting that Bwen can't really play with Deke. Putting them together would reduce our offensive options to 3...which isn't really enough at all.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Floor spacing. I love Bowen tough.

4. Coog

Coog Member

Agreed, Haven--No-Wits-Ski seemed to be less and less bothered by Bowen. He's great in small spurts--just let him go all-out for a few minutes and at least try to help wear Dirk down a bit.

5. DJ

DJ Member

Yeah and whats up with his knew beard?

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Did Ryan Bowen not look like a pogo stick after he converted that lay-up and got fouled? You just knew he would end up on the ground.

7. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I thought we really needed him to guard stackhouse. Wesley looked like a rubber cone out there.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bowen also has been blowing easy fast break opportunities or easy looks in the paint because he can't handle passes from TMac.

9. leehoang

leehoang Member

Padgett tires quickly, I think Padgett is our worst defender.

And I don't think he's hurt, he does his swagger walk, cause he's Ryan Bowen. One bad Mother Fu*ker.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Padgett is not a good defender but he is there to spread the defense just a bit to make them come guard him a bit since Bowen won't shoot Dirk just plays low in a zone and bothers our other players...if Padgett hits a couple of those open looks Dirk gives him around the 3 point range he is doing his job....

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I don't think Dirk has figured him out. As a matter of fact when JVG brought him into the game last night he had a significant impact on Dirk. He got taken to the locker room back in game 2 or 3 (can't remember) and hasn't played much since then. Maybe its just coincidence maybe not. I did see him with what appeared to be a limp last night though...

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That limp is sorta how he always runs..i haev noticed that all year..it's a weird gimpy limp or something lol

13. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

I think Bowen plays his best in small spurts. He is a high energy guy so his effectiveness is lost if he has to play 30+ mins. However, if he only plays like 15 mins then he can cause some havoc and give it his all on the defensive end guarding Dirk.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Dude, he can't even handle having the ball in his hands, period!

He is hilarious to watch though, his whole body movement and lack of body control (and panicky demeanor) is quiet a comedy show. I just start to uncontrollably laugh whenever I see him run.

R2K, if you have a video where you can zoom in on Bowen running without the ball, please post it. It is hilarious:D :D

15. tigermission1

Nobody has figured him out, I think he is such a good defensive player because opponents break out in laughter whenever they see him on the court:D :D

Sorry, couldn't resist:D

16. Panda

Panda Member

Haha, you guys have been fooled by Rybo. Rybo isn't hurt. The master mind of Rybo fakes limping to make the opponents relax. The dorky haircut of Rybo is the cover for his profound
    intelligence. The shooting ineptitude is a disguise of his marksmanship. Like all masters, Rybo the son of Rambo will reveal his true self when it matters the most. Come game 7 the new NBA superstar Rybo launches a surprise attack and goes gaga on the Mavs a$$. Rybo, with 53 points, 17 rebounds and 12 blocks on Dirk the Dork, rips Cuban's MFFL T-shirt to threads, stuffs them into Stern's stupid mouth, and leads the Rockets past the Mavs 577-9!

17. daRox

daRox Member

If Rybo score 53 and the file score is 577-9. Who's going to score the remaining 524 points? Bad logic :rolleyes:

18. Panda

Panda Member

T-Mac!

19. tigermission1

LOL! I like this explanation the most.

I am going with this account:D

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Why spoon is not seeing any minutes?