1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 5/5/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2005.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

If Yao playes better in 7, Rox will lose.

2. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Who cares about the history? Rox plays better on the road.
    Besides, Mavs' chance is even more slim. They would be the
    3rd team to win after down 0-2 at home.

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Most important part of this Rockets team, the role players, when they show up we win. JB, MJ and Deke played great. T-Mac was great, he is the total package, not only a great shooter, but a great defender and passer.

JVG seemed to go with the hot players today and he needs to do that again on Saturday in Dallas. If Deke is hot, roll with him and sit Yao. If Sura and James are the best guard combination on Saturday, play them. I really believe that we are the better team, look at the margins of victories, not one of their wins exceeded double digits but 2 of our wins were by 10 or more. We win Saturday.

4. lhphpl

lhphpl Contributing Member

Definitely, with calls favoring them, they just won 3pts at home. But we blow them out when we got good calls. And more importantly, Rox has road court advantage!:D

5. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

Exactly. Rockets is gonna win game7. Think about it for a minute. Did Mavs beat us in a game fair and square? nope. They got help from refs, and still, they couldn't really put Rockets away in every game they won. In 3 games we won, we had a convincing lead in two of those. what's that tell you?

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Charles logic is pretty funny sometimes.

Yao has a bad game 6, so Dallas shouldn't be worried about him (even though he's had 33 and 30 points his last two games there).

Dirk has had basically a BAD6 GAMES.... and now Houston should be worried that he will magically become an MVP again.

Funny stuff on TNT right now!

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

So? Are we supposed to just roll over? I hope nobody on the team has that attitude.

8. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Odds mean nothing to the ROX. We defy all odds.

9. never

never Member

since so many rox fans don't like (hate) our center, why dont' we just trade Yao for a better Center like dump-i-er (2nd best center in tha west!)? I am so sick of hearing rox fans bashing our player again and again. Whats wrong with them?:mad:

10. DollarBill

I guess that's part of reason why so many people love to see him on TV. YOu know, see how big a fool he is.

11. lhphpl

Just stop it. There are not too much Yao-bashing stuffs tonight. Do not ruin the atmosphere here, please.

12. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

That's good--we need Dallas to "not worry" about Yao in
    Game 7 :D :D

13. DollarBill

Don't fret! dude. they are not rockets fans. Most of 'em are Mavs fans. They needed a place to vent their frustration. Remember? they just lost a game. :D

14. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Rockets have been a streaky team all season. Win 8, lose 4, win 6, etc.

Go up 2-0 against the Mavs, then go down 3-2, now it's time to start another winning streak in game 7.

15. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I just hope the officiating will be as good as it was for this game. This was the best officiated game all series. Fair all the way around.

16. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

When I checked out their regular season record--it was usually a 3 game losing streak followed by a 5-8 game winning streak!

Hopefully that trend still holds!!

17. kfgan

kfgan Member

houston never lost a serious after going up 2-0 (7-0 overall, i think)

18. dabien1

dabien1 Member

THANK YOU :D

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Game 7 at home might make the Mavs feel better but I honestly feel that Houston has a great chance to topple them. I remember the Mavs winning game 7 at home to the Blazers but they are not unbeatable by any means no matter what Charles and Kenny say.
    The key to victory is Yao Ming though. He was so tense tonight. How is he going to show up in another elimination game is going to decide the series. He can't get in foul trouble or be hesistant. His problems are more mental than physical. He needs to be better prepared. The coaching staff need to encourage him throughout the game.
    I'm excited by the chance of winning the series.
    GO ROCKETS!

20. lhphpl

I do not think the key is Yao. Keys should be our role players.