1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

TNT Crew predicts series to end Thursday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, May 4, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

TNT Crew predicts series to end tomorrow

Well, following the Spurs/Denver game, Kenny Smith was asked about tomorrow night's game. He paused for a minute and said "I am torn between being a former Rocket and rooting for Avery". Regardless, he said that he thinks the series will end in 6 games. Charles basically concurred without saying so.

They also talked about the "hot topic" of the last few days (the JVG scandal)...

EJ mentioned all the offers JVG recieved from fans sending him "100 Grand" candy bars and Mattress Mac's offer to pay off his fine. Kenny gave a shout out to Mattress Mac and his wife, and so did Barkley.

The more interesting clip was short interviews with Dikembe and T-Mac. Dikeme joked about having a "friendly" conversation with the Commissioner to get him to lay off JVG. McGrady went further (I won't be surprised if he is fined) and with that misleading smile on his face said "I support coach 100%, 100%! Some of the things he talked about were just blatant" (I am guessing in reference to the Yao officiating). So it is good to hear T-Mac stepping up for his coach AND, most importantly, Yao.

McGrady and Yao will be in this for the long haul, and I think a real solid friendship, trust, and loyalty will go a long way in improving their chemistry on the court. They gotta have each others' backs. So I am pretty happy about this.

#1 tigermission1, May 4, 2005
    Last edited: May 5, 2005
  2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

They can predict all they want. They arent fortune tellers.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I regrret not recording it...I knew when it came on that they would talk about the Rockets situation...

some more thoughts from VG re:Stern and his situation, adn quotes from Tmac about supporting his coach...

also...both Kenny adn Chuck got good feelings towards Mattress Mac

EDIT: figgers you covered that in an edit whil I was typing...Nevermind then...;)

4. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

I am not so optimistic either.

The thing is: overall, to lose to Dallas in 6 games is a normal outcome, but to lose 4 in a roll? That would be really heart-broken.

I have been superstitious. I used to think if I don't watch the games Rocket will win. Well, it was true for the 1st two games. But for the next three games it wasn't. So tomorrow I will be watching the whole game in front of TV wearing Yao's jercey. Win or lose, no more avoiding the huge up-and-down emotion.

Go Rockets!!!

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think most predicted the Rockets to lose two...and definitely one...game at AAC. Yet we came out of there with a 2-0 series lead with the Mavs on their heels. And if not for some untimely calls, among other things, this series would be over by now.

So what's the moral of the story boys and girls.... the national media doesnt jack, especially when it comes to determining the outcomes of games that haven't been played yet. The Rockets are fired up, angry... they'll win one for the team, for JVG and for the home crowd and take this series back to Dallas.

BRING IT OOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 JunkyardDwg, May 5, 2005
    Last edited: May 5, 2005
  6. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Kenny and Chuck have been Rocket haters all season...aside from when they tried to switch bandwagons after the rockets won the 1st two games of the series...They are not very good analyst, basically say the obvious for every game.

7. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

I respect Kenny Smith but Barkley just states the obvious and kisses the Spurs *ss every chance he gets.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We did it back in 1994 and 1995 and almost did it again last year. It's time to prove naysayers wrong again, Houston Rockets.

9. glomo

glomo Member

When most of them from ESPN predicted we lose, we won. When they started to predict we will win, we lost. I'm glad the trend, watch out Dallas, those bad luck teller are on your heal :D

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

For those who didn't see it:

DA did a nice little story on JVG and the Rockets. JVG said he regrets saying that he had a source, also said he won't reveal him.

JVG said he will accept the fine and won't accept any help with the fine.

TMac said he is fully behind JVG. Deke also said he will place a call to the commissioner to get the fine lower, pretty hilarious.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its everyone against the rockets as usual.
    Remember what dream said?

"WEN DEY HAD DA CHANCE, DEY COULDNT CLOSE US OUT"

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^ UNBEEDABEL!!

13. birdman

birdman Contributing Member

take this[​IMG]

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

On top of this I saw the ESPN motion clip of Stephen Anal Smith telling JVG to worry about the investigation after the series is over because he is not going to win a championship.

The words are bad enough but why does this guy have such a cocky attitude? What has he done for the sport of basketball? Someone find out the background on this guy. Can he even play ball?

I wish this guy had a weekly chat because I'm sure all the questions and comments would be about ripping him a new "A" in his name.

A$$HOLE!!

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dude, LOL... put it in the Photoshop the Pain thread... :D

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What connection does Kenny have to Avery that makes it difficult for him to root for the franchise that allowed him to get two championship rings?

:confused:

17. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Avery was an ex-rocket

Avery lives in Houston

Kenny and Avery played in the league at the same time

that is about as much information as someone not name Kenny Smith or Avery Johnson can know ...

18. rocketsmetalspd

Kenny Smith should be booed!! when he comes to the games or at the 20 year reunion of the Rocket's first Championship. This guy is an a$$ hole.

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I am guessing since all these guys live in Houston, they meet up with one another during the summer and have formed a friendship bond I guess.

I know that all these guys get together and play against one another in pickup games: Stevie, Cat, Kenny, Avery, Nick da Quick, Sam Cassell. I am sure there are others but these I am sure about.

So they are hometown buddies basically.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

when did people start calling it 4 in a roll? this isnt sushi, folks, we talk about consecutive wins or losses IN A ROW