1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matress Mac offers to pay the fine!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstonrocketss, May 3, 2005.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

2. Susan

Susan Contributing Member

I just ordered 10 buttons to be sent by fed ex in time for the game but the confirmation email said that the order won't be filled until the next business day, which doesn't help if we want the buttons for Game 6, does it.

Any ideas?

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Mac ain't gonna pay squat. Yes, is publicity is free and yes, I'm hating on him. I wonder when the Hilton furniture guy will step up to the plate? He's replaced Mac at the games anyway.

If Mac is such a fan why doesn't he go to the games anymore?

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Well, your certainly entitled to your opinion and I very much understand why people don't like him. I didn't like him either. But at this point, I respect:
    1. That he built his very successful business from scratch.
    2. He has historically been a huge supporter of the Rockets and continues to be a huge supporter of sports in general...for Houston.

In short, Mac has been nothing but a positive influence on the city. Granted, he's dorky. But he's a harmless dork. In fact, he's a good dork. :D

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He does great stuff with local hospitals and helps a lot of people with his money/business. He is a good guy, whether you are personally annoyed with him or not.

BTW, the reason I believe he is not showing up to Rockets games anymore because he has endorsement deal with the Astros? If I am wrong on this, someone correct me.

Stop hatin' people. Don't hate the player, hate the game!;)

6. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Mac may be a hard nose businessman, but he's an even more hard nosed sports fan. Good guys come from Houston!!!

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm not sure why he doesn't go to Rockets games anymore, but there is a good reason I think. He was on 610 yesterday morning and said something like "You guys know I have my issues with the Rockets, but I support JVG in this situation." Not an exact quote, but it basically sounded like he had some kind of disagreement with Rockets management.

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

welll remember that gallery furniture will save you MONEY!! and thats what mac is doing for jvg

9. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

for what? he already has millions.

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GUESS IF T-MAC AND MAC DECIDED TO PUT 50,000 IN TOGETHER WE CAN CALL IT THE DOUBLE MAC ATTACK..MC D'S WOULD LOVE THAT

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I just can't get myself to like Matress Mac.......after all, he grew up in Dallas.

#51 Pole, May 4, 2005
    Last edited: May 4, 2005
  12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Didn't JVG say today that he was not accepting any money?

End of story. Go away Mac.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

But came down here, and is spending his money on the City of Houston.

Didn't him and his wife build a Tennis Stadium last year for the Something or other Tennis Cup? I remember seeing him on ESPN.

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Yes....it's supposed to be a really nice place--I wouldn't know though--don't really care for Tennis.

As for spending his money down here.....he didn't exactly bring money down here from Dallas.....he came here almost penniless.

He's a shrewd businessman, but I don't really care all that much for him.....or his store.

Here's a neat article on him though:

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/page1/95/11/19/mac.html

15. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

It's at the Westside Tennis Courts. It holds the U.S. American Clay Championship and the past two Tennis Masters Series.

It's a pretty nice stadium.