1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2005.

1. nomaanbaig

nomaanbaig Contributing Member

I think the Mavs are going to come out VERY strong and aggressive in the 1st Quarter. The Rockets just need to weather the storm and counter everything the Mavs do very patiently.

If we can come out up on top after the 1st Quarter the game is ours for the taking.

GO ROCKETS!

WE BELIEVE! And to everyone out there who doubts the Rockets, do NOT become a disbeliever!

2. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

I did predict that if Rockets won in game 2 Yao would have 26+ pts and/or 14+ rebouds. I will just quote myself from another thread for this coming game. :)

3. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

i have confidense in JVG. He can prepare a team for battle than any other coach. We need to go into this game as if this is the last hope for our team and beat the mavs. I taught the 2nd game was the best, but now i think the best game is coming up on Thursday.

4. tiger

tiger Member

Sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. tomek_yale

tomek_yale New Member

go go go!roxs
    yao 20p
    T-Mac 30p
    110:95 Roxs

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've already taken their heart.Now,we're going to eat it.
    The Mavs are nothing but a stepping stone on the way to the top of the mountain.

7. qrui

qrui Member

the rockets need to remind themselves that the series is not over yet. like other posters said, hungry and no mercy.

2 down 2 to go. go rockets!!!

8. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

They'll set up more pick-n-rolls to get NoLLitski open (with Diamper roughing up Rybow.) This will force us at first to have Yao or TMac help, but will really leave our weak side open. I can envision more Yao/Mutumbo combos on the floor with two perimeter defenders staying at home.

JV frigg'n G got this all figured out. Mavs only score in the 80's (normal scoring minus flopping freethrows.)

9. thehkmint

thehkmint Contributing Member

We have to win this one. Losing game 3 will write off what we get from the 1st 2 games and give the mavs confidence that they can come back. afterall the mavs is still a very dangerous team.

10. bestsnoopy

bestsnoopy Member

no doubt, we win! we win!!we win!!
    Rox : 106
    Mav: 102

11. notcool

notcool Member

How would you motivate Rox for G3

If you were JVG, how will you motivate Rox to take the Mavs?

I will make them humble and show their flaws in G1 and G2. They need to work hard for their game 3

12. droxford

droxford Member

I'd tell 'em to count the rings on their fingers. Zero. (except for Mike James).

The next step toward getting a ring (and the only one we need to worry about right now) is to win our next basketball game. Great 3-point shots, great dunks, great performances... they all mean nothing if we don't win. We must stay focused. Stay intense. Stay smart. Stay strong. Stay hungry.

-- droxford

13. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Broom, sweep, vacuum, dust, Welcome to the Machine

Rockets 118
    Mavs 104

Rockets run away with this one.

Outside shooters are hot.
    Dirk gets going but it is a blow out like you would not believe

Rockets will have a 20 point lead at some point in the 4th QTR.

Why- Mavs are going to be pressing and confused.

There is no answer when TMac hits sick shots.
    Yao stays out of foul trouble

And the outside shooter guys are nailing shots.

Padgett will get 2- 3's.

Yao- 22 pts.
    TMac 40 pts.

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

This is the most important game of the series. Not for us but for the MAVS, they lose and all the air is out of their balloon. So, the Mavs come out with the most energy and fire they have displayed so far in the series, they come out with a**es and elbows at both ends.

The Rox fans need to rock the house and become the 6th man for this team. Wouldn't be a bad idea to do something with the PA announcing to give us an edge also.

15. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

Yao will get majority of his points from the FT line, Deke will play a very important role this game, we outrebound them this time, and win by 10 points.

T-mac is just beyond any prediction work, so i'll just sit back and enjor the T-mac Show.

16. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

This game is HUGE for the Rockets and they NEED to win it! If we lose, we are giving Dallas some hope and then all they have to do is win game 4, and their thought is heck, we are back in the series. SO let's not give them the luxury of thinking This is the biggest game of the series and can change the momentum. I am looking for a close game, Rockets pull it out!!

Rockets :115
    Dallas: 110

Mike f'n James, King Yao, and TMAC light it up.

17. sackonhead

sackonhead Contributing Member

I went to see the Rox play the Heat many weeks ago. It was a tight game and The PA announcer had to Yell at the crowd "Louderrrr" when he called for Defense. If you watch any of the games in person or on TV you can hear him say "louderrrr" all the time. It's fockin' sad!

With the exception of me and my parents, nobody on the row said squat and just laughed at the PA guy when he called for D. Huh?

WTF! If that is how the TC crowd is on Thursday night, we are Doomed. The Rox play better on the road and are lousy AT HOME.

If any of you guys are lucky enough to be at the game this Thursday, GET ON YOUR FEET AND MAKE SOME NOISE!

Games at the AAC in Dallas are deafening...we should be the same.

Let's sweep these mofos.

:eek:

18. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

we win!

98-93

Bowen 3 pts, 2 rebs, 1 blk, 1 steal (nowitski gets held to 21 pts, 7-21 shooting, 5 rebs, 2 assist)

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

20. qrui

qrui Member

lol. nice find vlaurelio.