1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How loud was TC on Sat night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bad"r", Apr 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but i could find it. But from watching on TV it didn't seem too loud. Can anyone that went to the game (Denver/Rocks) tell me if it was loud?

Peace

2. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing...last year during the playoffs it didn't seem that loud but a friend of mine who was at the game said the noise was deafening inside...

3. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

By the way i meant to say "I couldn't find it."[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Bad"r"
    Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but i could find it. But from watching on TV it didn't seem too loud. Can anyone that went to the game (Denver/Rocks) tell me if it was loud?

Peace
    [/QUOTE]

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I would think it was loud. I was at both playoff games last year and it was awesome :) Greatest time of my life. I guess it doesnt seem too loud because most of the noise comes from the upper deck.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Everyone usually wakes up around this time and realizes Houston has a basketball team.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought it was pretty loud. By the way, did anyone notice the lack of sound from the court during the ESPN broadcast? I didn't hear the players or the net all game long.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They tend to filter all that out, so all you really here is the announcers. It makes the games kind of boring, because you don't hear the fans that much etc.

8. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

I am so glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing myself. My parents went to the game and they said it was fairly loud, but the sad thing was that even in such a "hype" important game, at the beginning of the broadcast and throughout the first quarter, the lower bowl was empty. It really frustrates me.. makes Houston look like they have crappy fans (which is not the case). I also wish it was SO loud in the TC, just like ARCO or something - maybe the Rox would play better at home then. On the road, they just want to shut the opponents fans up.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was OK, don't get me wrong it was loud but I was expecting playoff, like last year against the Lakers, loud.

In the 4th me and my wife were yelling "MVP" everytime T-mac touched the ball, hoping some people would follow along and we got a load of nothing.

Me and my wife alway sit in the lower bowl and yell our butts off, the same can't be said for everyone.

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

And nobody started any MVP chant!:eek:

11. Houstonrocketss

The TC was loud on Saturday......

Could not even hear the Tundra Dancers bellys make that jiggly sound....:D

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

It was much louder than past games BUT...

1. The lower bowl was empty in the 1st quarter.
    2. Fans are never in their seats when a timeout or halftime is over. They come wandering back getting in everybody's way.
    3. Many people left early in the 4th. It was a blow-out but it was an important game.

So yes, it was louder but Houston fans are still Houston fans. Even when they make it to games, they still show up late, don't fully watch during the game and leave early!

13. GRENDEL

We tried as hard as we could to get a chant going but no one wanted to join along....

14. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

LOL...

it was probaly muffled out do to our heavy breathing and sweat dripping off of us

15. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I was yelling "MVP!" during the third of TMac's three-pointer foul shots. He missed.

Other than me, I only heard two other Rockets fans cheering obnoxiously in my lower bowl section. (And one geeky Nuggz fan. Moron. :mad: )

16. GRENDEL

That was probably us:D what section were you in? We were in 126 row F

17. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

Yeah I was waiting to hear that "LOUD" chant all game.....but I guess I was hoping too much. I got tickets for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs so I will try to start the MVP chant then!!!! Man I can't wait.

Peace

18. Rock101

Rock101 Member

I was in section 425...tried the MVP chant several times when T-Mac went to free throw line. The crowd was lame. How can people come in here and call that a loud crowd. Did you ever go to "The Summit" or "Compaq Center"...that was loud. That was the crowd that would be so loud that youe ears rung, specially during the intro. Remember how cool it was when that song started and they announced the starting lineup followed by the "hey" song.

I think part of the reason the games suck is because the PA announce is a jackass!!! The guy is so lame "Who's ball is it?" Geez, I feel like I am at a high school game. And then they play stupid music while the Rockets are in the midddle of an offernsive set. THey dont even play the songs after time-outs that get the crowd hyped....oh, I know what gets the crowd hyped....the stupid a$$ t-shirt promotion. Toyota center would have more sell-outs if they just simply cancel basketball and let people in to come catch a free t-shirt. Can you imagine "come to Toyota Center for a free t-shirt..admission is $5" Next thing you know, 44 straight sell-outs. Houston loves free t-shirts more than basketball.

19. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Does anyone else think that the best way to get the crowd pumped would be to remind them of the championship years?

Play the old intro song during our player intros. Play that countdown video (5...4...3...2..). Bringing back Turbo is a good start. I think one of the reasons this city isn't as loud about this team is that they don't really have a huge emotional attatchment to any of them. Let's change that and associate this team with one of the best memories for any Houstonian.

Anything else that would remind the crowd of the "glory days"?

20. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah i love that intro..Turbo yes! But only one game lol.

We need more Rockets pride imo.

Some memories. Like the 94-95 and 93-94 teams all showing up for halftime or something i don't know