1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 4/16/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2005.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

No one has heard? Camby is hurt, strained hamstring. His status will be a game time decision.

Hope Bowen and Barry will stick it to their old team.

2. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

The way it looked, I don't think Camby will be back. They don't want to risk losing him for the playoffs by playing him against the Rockets.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

this game might be important enough for denver to give camby a shot, a cortisone shot, that is.

4. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

wow camby is injured. what a good news!!!!! Anyways, i am wondering what rockets players are thinking. They also know the situation they are in. I am wondering that do they want to lose this game and hope sacramento moves to 7th, or win this game and move to 5th and face Mavs.

I am all confuse over these seedings....:confused:

5. chrisrobin

chrisrobin Member

I was just wondering, with the tight standings between the Kings, Rockets and Nuggets, who wins a tie breaker if they all end up with the same record. Or if the Rox and Kings end up with the same record who is the 5th seed?
    Even if the Rockets lose this game it still might work , if the kings fall to 7 and the Nuggets win out and end up 5th. Remember the goal is positioning, not best possible record at this point. I would hate to see them have to face San Antonio in the first round, although I think if we must face them in the playoffs, the first round is when they would be most vulnerable.
    GO ROCKETS !!!

6. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

You sound like Phil Jackson playing then Zen Master "mind tricks".

SPOON HAS NO BUSINESS TOUCHING THE FLOOR IN THIS GAME. HE WILL BE INEFFECTIVE...I GUARANTEE THAT HE WILL COME UP SHORT AGAINST ANY OF THEIR POST PLAYERS....LITERALLY.

EDUARDO NAJERA WILL EAT HIM WHOLE.

BUT WE WILL ALSO HAVE DAVID WESLEY GUARDING MILLER

SURA ON BUCKNER

T MAC ON MELO OR DERRMAR JOHNSON

AND GOD FOR US ALL AS WE TRY TO WIN A DO OR DIE A FIRST ROUNG DEATH TO SAN ANTONIO.

SCOTTY THE BODY/BOWEN WILL SEE ACTION AGAINST K MART AND EVEN MELO.

BOYKINS GUARDED BY MIKE JAMES

7. hector

hector Member

camby will be out for this one which is good. plus i have a good feeling yao and tracy will have solid games. with mutombo now working with yao (as houston chronicle reported) i believe the whole team will get better. when yao plays well its hard to beat the rockets. i also think all of our role players will step it up for this one. i predict the rockets will win but it wont be easy!

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

After exchanging **** with a buddy of mine who is a spurs fan all night tonight, I can't wait for this game! Go Rockets! WHOOOP! :cool:

9. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

:D

True,
    I Haven't watched much Denver games, but the games I've seen , either New Jersey or Denver, K-Mart has shown some moves. I don't say double him all the time, but I don't want to see him go much one-on-one with Spoon, especially at the perimeter.

I agree, Miller's penetration must be stopped. I would say Wesley is our best option defending him, Sura just isn't quick enough.

10. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Let's just keep winning.

This is a statement game.

I want T-mac to hit 60+ with Yao grabbing a double double double.

11. Bookit

Bookit Member

Camby might be the most often injured player in the NBA. That guy is so predictable. :D They should never get their hopes up with him because every team he has ever played on has been disappointed. He is a great player when he isn't hurt. The problem is that he is hurt 85% of the time.

12. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

According to the Denver Post, Camby's status is a game time decision:

http://www.denverpost.com/cda/article/print/0,1674,36%7E90%7E2819863,00.html

Camby had seven points, eight rebounds and six blocks but missed most of the second half after straining his right hamstring while trying to chase down Bonzi Wells on a breakaway. Coach George Karl said Camby's status for Saturday will be determined at game time.

It will be interesting to see if Karl goes Naraja. I wouldn't be surprised to be reminded of the old Sonics v. Hakeem defense.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Have you taken out a life insurance policy, I can help you with that email me>:)

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Rockets 98
    Nuts 85

Rockets flash that playoff defense and the Nuts end up scratching themselves trying to finger it out.

DD

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

yao ming comes to play tonight. he shows the same level of intensity he showed during the olympics. unfortunately, he gets into early foul trouble on some questionable calls and only finishes playing 27 minutes. conspiracy theorists mention how the nba wants george karl to play seattle in the first round.

but mcgrady scores 37 and barry scores a big 12 off the bench including a 3 pointer with 2:23 left leading the rockets a 103-99 win.:)

16. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

The BIGGEST game of the seaon. GO ROCKETS!!!:cool:

17. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

Camby may play tonight coz Denver player think this is the biggest game also. all denver media want nuggets move up to 6-seed. They don't think they have a chance to beat SPURS. Camby is really a defensive-monster right now.

18. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

What a game in store for us!! Someone please correct me if the following is not true:

HOU win/ SAC win
    5=SAC (50-30)
    6=HOU (49-31)
    7=DEN (48-32)

HOU win / SAC loss
    5=HOU (49-31) - hou has tieb over sac w/ better conf record
    6=SAC (49-31)
    7=DEN (48-32)

HOU loss / SAC win
    5=SAC (50-30)
    6=DEN (49-31)
    7=HOU (48-32)

HOU loss / SAC loss
    5=SAC (49-31) - sac has tieb over den w/ better h2h
    6=DEN (49-31)
    7=HOU (48-32)

So we could be 5, 6 or 7 after tonight! I'm hoping for us to win and Sac to win so we get into 6th, but then again there's still 2 games to go so anything can happen after tonight as well.

19. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

We don't want to face Spurs in first round, this game is critical.

92:89 Hou

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Sura actually surprises me with his defense sometimes. I think he can check Miller. Hopefully Spoon won't let Kmart get too many putbacks. Camby may be out but unfortunately, they got Nene filling in.
    I predicted we would lose this game in the April predictions thread, and if they do, I'll probably win the contest, but I'd much rather have the Rocks win tonight. This is the biggest game of the regular season. If Denver wins tonight, we play the Spurs first round. We aren't the greatest home team, but hopefully the sense of urgency will bring out our best and Tmac can take Melo to school. Tracy torched them last time for 45.
    Rockets 100, Denver 99