1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's the GARM?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by vunny1408, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I think movies are different because those guys actually go after your ass

don't be a hater

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I already said why that IMO it is different.

Movie in theaters = cost money to see
    game on TV != cost money to see(in most cases)

its all about the money...

btw...DO you honestly see a market for the NBA to sell past games on DVD? I consider the likelyhood of that happening to be nil..there wouldnt be enough of a market to make it profitable.

3. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

kaiser: im pretty sure fine line is not an mpaa member (which makes the movie torrent all the worse and their movies so great, imo). id be surprised if an independent film co. pursued litigation like the mpaa w/its infinite resources.

r2k: im not sure i understand your point on the money- typo or are you agreeing w/me? if they both make their respective companies money, where is the difference?

as for DVDs- i was refering to print-on-demand which i think there is definitely a future for- media companies just have not caught on yet (kinda like on-demand book publishing which, once the technology cheapens a bit, will be huge- when i was working at bookstores it was talked about constantly as a potential revolution). the technology to print up dvds quickly and cheaply is already present and considering the advent of netflix and disposable dvds at convenience stores AND the fact there would be no wasted product (its only printed after you order it), im amazed its not huge already. once the technology matures and competition drive down prices -remember, no wharehouse storage, costly distribution, no retailer middleman- dvds cost nil to print so the profit would be close, if not more than what they make now and it would be cheaper for us. print-on-demand is perfect for small niche markets. hell, if i could order any game in nba history for $5 plus s&h, id be all over it! unless a free torrent of the game was available, of course...

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If you lose access to a forum for whatever reason (and this is very rare), the worst thing you can do is post about it here. It's just not a smart idea, and I think this thread is a good example of why it isn't (though I don't think that was vunny's initial intent).

The only two parties who truly know what happened are the admin (usually me) and the user. Look at Keiser ... the other day he told people he was kicked from the Rockets forum because he "called someone 'gay'". Sure, yeah ... that's what happened. Batman Jones clearly called him on it, but if it hadn't been for that, most people would have just thought that was the case.

Just drop me a line and we'll sort it out.

Oh yeah, and what BullRider said, without the insults. dugtzu is likely defending a friend or just has a bone to pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.