1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's the GARM?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by vunny1408, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

Ummm, what happened to the GARM ??

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It's there....maybe you got banned from GARM?

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

That sucks... Could it be you are blind??

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ummm... so are you saying VUNNY's web page loud reader isn't worker? How can he read your post if he is blind and... oh, never mind... :rolleyes:

5. vunny1408

oh...now i get it. i got banned for posting a torrent of the yao movie??

so what...its ok to post torrents of other videos or rockets action? i thought both were illegal. sorry , i never thought it was an issue since everyone else is posting bit torrent links.

anyway, next time i wont be so generous in posting links. well, no next time i guess :(

6. vunny1408

besides, i think that movie is not working!

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Maybe GARM ran away from your foul body odor...

8. vunny1408

not funny

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Relax. It's not like you were banned from the site. These individual forum bans aren't permanent. And if I'm not mistaken, you can still read the forums as a guest. You just wouldn't be able to post. At least I think that non-signup access is still available.

10. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

:confused: it must be me, SURELY it couldnt be your post... I have no idea what you're saying...

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I guess he meant to say vunny's webpage worker is not a loud reader.

Oh well...nevermind.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Its right next to the RARM.

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

vunny...just email clutch and be grateful for what he's doing here - try and understand why he banned you but let him know that you never meant for it to be a negative thing - then between you two, you guys can figure out what works best (1 month ban, 1 year ban, etc).

14. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

so why is ok to post game torrents then?

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WebPage readers are programs which assist the Visually Impaired (allright, blind people) to "see" the web. They read each text item out loud.

If vunny's program isn't loud enough, he won't know why the GARM is gone... providing he is BLIND, like you suggested as a possibility... :)

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

would you like me to quit doing them then?

I wouldnt mind having back the roughly 4 hrs per game I spend doing them. :rolleyes:

I dont know what he got in trouble for doing...from what I read, he posted a torrent of the Yao Movie...was it the one in theaters? If so...then he would be taking away from Fineline's bottom end by posting a copy of what you currently have to pay to see in the theaters.

On the other hand....you dont have to pay to see the games...and the game torrents dont take away from the NBA's bottom line since they dont charge for you to see them locally.
    As far as folks out of town...since it takes roughly 18-24 hrs after the game for the torrents to be available, the ppl that can afford and are inclined to purchase League Pass are going to do so regardless of whether or not the torrent of the game is available.

Understand the distinction?

17. dugtzu

jesus, dude, it was just a question. i'll assume you need rest and forgive you for the tone. :)

i happen to think you provide a valuable and much appreciated service (albeit one i can live without considering i am PAYING TO SEE THE GAMES on league pass, as you mentioned, and record most of them myself).

while i agree that posting them long after the game has aired renders them somewhat harmless, the question concerns the legality of the issue- which i am assuming is the reason behind this guy's ban.

its been made quite clear through the years that the NBA is very heavy handed in its control of game broadcasts (the low lawyer monotone reminds me every time i watch a game actually, among other things). i would be willing to wager that stern does not see eye-to-eye with you on this issue. i'm sure to him all games are potential revenue sources regardless of when they are broadcast (future print-on-demand dvd sales, perhaps?), just as the movie is to fineline.

so can someone explain the distinction please?

18. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i'm pretty sure that's what Rockets2K just did.

would you like it in German? cuz i think Sir Charles Fan could get that for you.
    how about spanish? maybe SwOLy-D could get that done for you.
    there's also numerous users that could explain the distinction in Chinese.

19. BullRider

BullRider Member

fine lines sends passes to clutch to gives out checkin' that thread for word and some cat posts a bootleg of the movie in IT??!?!?!?! then dugtzu questions WHY & demands explanation from clutch on the rocket hi-lite videos?!?! Do I have this right??? QUICK kill the hen laying golden eggs!!! sweet mother of mary you 2 dumb****s are elites!!!

20. dugtzu

again, IT IS JUST A QUESTION. i'm not trying to stop anything or get anyone in trouble or act elitist. if someone wanted to kill the game torrents they probably would have already. i'm just curious about the reasoning involved, that's all. i have a questioning nature. :)

i'm also a man, so i wont respond to the insults- but you guys dont need to be so reactionary and read so much into simple questions.

the last poster does bring up a good point, however. is it because of a close relationship to fineline that the guy was banned? on the same note, has anyone ever heard reports of the legality of game torrents? overall im just wondering why the movie is bad and the games are not because, as i said before, the owners of both pieces of intellectual property probably do not appreciate the torrents....

and maybe this is all moot; maybe he wasnt even banned for the movie thing- but getting banned would suck, so im curious...(and besides, whats wrong with clearly defined rules?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.