1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/13/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2005.

1. RealMadridFan

RealMadridFan Member

Calling "f*****" to a board member is not allowed but calling it to a NBA player is allowed?
    OK,I didn't know that.
    But you can't break the rules even you don't them,so if it's a ban,it's a ban.
    Good bye.

2. crimsonice

crimsonice Member

It would be great to grab Miller, but it's just not going to happen. We just don't have the players to grab him. He's actually more like 6-8. He signed a 6 year 48 million deal if I recall.

3. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I think you're being a little modest now. It was no-look, off the backboard, bounce off Gasol's fugly face, reverse 840 spin catches in mid-air, to himself drains the triple, nothing but net. Yeah, I guess that's pretty 'simple.'

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Did anybody check out the T-MAC interview on NBA TV? He was really poised and made a lot of nice comments. He said he respects Yao so much because even though Tracy has pressure to perform, Yao's pressure is so much bigger because of his background. He also said that JVG has been good to him and the coaching staff is really good. They asked him if he thought we could advance in the playoffs and he said that if we play together as we know we can, we can be a great team.

5. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Actually, I'm a slow typer.

It's all good; we're just having a little fun. I hope you make the playoffs, good luck.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

McGrady was very upset when Miller was traded away from Orlando, they were best friends.

I think T-Mac would love for that to happen. And it would be a great pick up for the Rocks, although I am not so sure of his salary or when he would be a free agent, etc.

7. Rock101

Rock101 Member

THE WORST FREAKING CROWD EVER!!!!

I just came back from the game....I cant even believe how horrible the fans are. Crunch time and 90% are sitting on their a$$e$ talking about BS crap. I tried to rally my section to get up in the 4th quarter....they just sat back and barely clapped. You see game Vs the Suns, Spurs, Dallas, Sacramento, & Sonics...their fans get into it...are loud and they cheer through 4 quarters!!! Rockets fans just sit on their A$$es...Its like we dont deserve a team. I will be there on Saturday night. I hope the fans do something this time. I also got my playoff tickets and I am ready to go!!!

8. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Last I check, they wore same color uniform and played for the same team today.

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

nice observation.

:rolleyes:

Hey MemphisX where art thou? :D

10. rvpals

rvpals Member

LOL:D

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

People keep saying that it's going to change for the playoffs, but I don't know man. I mean this as close to the postseason as you can get, and it's not like there were 12000 people. I mean it was sold out. It's kind of like an NBA team, you cant flip the switch and become a great team all of sudden. Same for the crowd. They can't become something they're not and this Rockets crowd is the quitest and most disinterested bunch I've experienced. It makes Orlando fans look crazy by comparison (even though 70 year old go to Magic games)

12. fredyalvarado

fredyalvarado Member

Anybody know if there are going to be any highlight videos? I live all the way in Guatemala, but originally from houston and the only highlights or footage of the rockets I get to see are the ones that you guys post. Its sux down here.. all day long nothing but soccer... soccer.. and soccer...:mad:

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

MemphisX come out and plaaaaaaaaay!

14. rvpals

rvpals Member

It's a team effort, basketball is fun to watch again with Tmac & Yao in the game.

15. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Yeah, didn't his sig proclaim that Memphis will have a better record than the Houston?

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well, I switched over to ESPN for the Sonics-Mavs game, and heard an unbelievable praise from the guys calling the game (Bill Walton and Musburger, or whatever his name is)...

Mus was saying that he has "never ever seen a player who can shoot it and score it like McGrady, he just puts it up from all over the place." Bill Walton then followed that up by saying, "It McGrady was playing like this before January, he would have been hand-down in the race for MVP."

They said more than that, but I can't remember now, may be someone else heard it and can write a more accurate quote of what they exactly said.

But, WOW! I guess many people hate Mus, but he was overly gracious in those comments (He basically called T-Mac the greatest player he's ever seen!):eek:

17. rvpals

rvpals Member

You ought to yell at these guys or something. Tell them don't waste money coming here and not supporting the team and just watch.

18. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

Yeah i just checked out Patricia's FA Sheet and it says that Miller signed an extenstion in 2003 for 6/48 Mil. His rookie contracted ended in 2004 so his contract extension won't run out until 2010.

I think at 8 Million/yr for another 5 seasons, he's definitely worth it. After Yao signs his Max contract, we'll have our core set. Miller/McGrady/Ming will all be in their primes for the next 5 years.

The 3 M's. I can already see the nicknames starting. CD get it done man, I think it would be a great move.

Sura / James
    Miller / Wesley
    McGrady / Draft Pick
    Howard / Baker / Spoon (both trade assets)
    Ming / Mutombo

19. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

i saw that as well and musberger said he thought the rockets could very well be a contender in the playoffs which surprised me because it came out of nowhere

20. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I think this deserves to be reposted :)