1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

April Fools

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sherlock, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Rats ... no April fools joke today by Clutch. It has been one of my favorite days of the year because of his great spoofs. I have laughed for hours a couple times. Oh well, I understand.

Tell everyone, that is new to the BBS, your favorite April Fools spoofs by Clutch over the last 9 years, and how you or if you got fooled.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Last year, or the year before, Clutch had Yao injured on April.1st out indefinitely. I was compeletely fooled by that.

5. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Unfortunately it was a victim of its own success. When everyone's looking for a joke, it's impossible to get one by.

I wish clutch had just scaled back and done something like "Spoon injured; Vin Baker to start". That's almost believable and yet very scary.

However, the past jokes have been so off the wall that anything less than spectacular would have been a let-down to most. :(

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

7. haven

haven Member

The Spurs site gag.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm actually glad he didn't do one, they're a little played out by now.

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Yeah, but is funny to see everyone fall for it.

10. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Last year was the Patrick Ewing coming back thing. If I were Clutch, I would make an April Fool's joke on 4/2. "No joke this year" will becomes a joke.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That was a good one. It was actually believable because Yao actually got elbowed by Deke the night before.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

My girlfriend actually tricked me with a photoshopped front page of the Chron saying Steve Francis was murdered.

I was a HUGE SF fan and she actually got me pretty good. Even putting a fake quote by Jim Jackson, I didn't even know she knew the actual players, but then I figured out she knew Jimmy because she thought he was cute.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

WTF? Remind me not to piss off your girlfriend. That's a little harsh, wouldn't you say?

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

That was funny as hell. Their admin changed it to Laker's forum on that day.

15. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

:( :( Well this is a shame. I've been waiting 364 days to see what it would be this year but alas nothing. :( :(

The spurs site gag was best and at the time I only came here every once and a while and thought it was for real. I guess we won’t be seeing any more ESBN news articles.

oh well GO ROCKETS!!!!

16. max14

max14 Member

Clutch DID it.

The thread is called "Clutchfans game thread: Hornets @ Rockets"