1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lue to be signed by Wizards

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kingrene, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Kingrene

Kingrene Member

Why would the Lakers let this guy get away? He is young, and played an important role on the road to the championship.

He did a great job defending small guards for the Lakers last year.<font size=1 font color="white">

[This message has been edited by Kingrene (edited July 08, 2001).]

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Maybe because he looks like a girl.

but you never know, if you say role enough maybe i'll be convinced he isn't a total scub.

or not.

sorry forgot a [​IMG]
    ------------------
    .,.·^*'´'|'\..........,.·^*'´¯¯¯'`*^·,...,/|'`*^·-,
    '|.......'|::\......,·'.....,.·:*:·,......'`i:'|.......|
    '|.......'|:::|.....;.......':,:::,:·.......';:|.......|
    '|.......|::;i - ·;i'`:,......¯¯.......,·´|::|.......|
    '|.......'´.......'|'i:::`*:~·.–·~^*'´: :'|::|.......'`*·-,
    '|........,.-:^:':'\:'`:;:: :: : : : :: ::;·'i::/`':^·.,......`'i
    '|..,.:'´:::::::::::'\| '`*^~·:–:·~^*'´..'|/:::::::::'`:^:., |
    '´:;:::::::::;:-·^*'´.....................`'*^·:;-.....:;·'
    ....`·;:·'´........................................'`^·:;·´

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited July 08, 2001).]

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Lue is a little putz.

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

And so begins stage one of the Great Laker Weakeninging!

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

"I want to be like Olajon." -Sagana Diop has the right idea...

Keep the ???? alive!

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

The only way that Lue was able to stop AI was by grabbing onto him and holding for dear life. The refs only called it once or twice in all 5 games . . .

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

6. Kingrene

Kingrene Member

That is what AI said, but that is not what I saw. I thought Lue did a good job of denying him the ball, and Lue hit his shots when left open.

Anyway, lol, I guess I am in the minority here in thinking that Lue is a decent player.

------------------

7. Viper272

Viper272 Member

Kingrene you arn't alone...Hell I thought little lue did pretty good too...He isn't allstar stuff but he is fast and he is like one of those pest you over look and then bugs you the whole game. I still don't think losing lue will destroy the lakers. But yeah he isn't that bad.

------------------
    yeah aight whatever

8. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Lue is a hyperactive defender, which is nice against hyperactive offensive threats like AI, and if the refs don't call it, it isn't a foul. [​IMG]

------------------
    Anyone need a C/C++/Win32/HTML/PHP/SQL/Java/Perl/x86 coder?

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah A girl Pig .

------------------
    Reactions after The Rockets got Eddie Griffin for 3 draft picks

"Eddie For 3 ... Yes!!! O Mother!!!!!!!"

10. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Lue sucks! Iverson's right, Lue held him by the forearms the entire time he was guarding him. The Lakers don't need Lue anyways...Fisher, Harper, Hunter, Shaw and Penberthy is too many point guards already.

------------------
    http://www.cld9.com/chris/nbau.html

11. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

He's a third string point, why would the Lakers care if he got away?

------------------
    Don't ask, I lost a bet.

12. T-POOH

T-POOH Member

They picked up Hunter from the Bucks....I'd say that makes Lue rather expendable.

------------------
    RIP HOOP-T

13. Kingrene

Kingrene Member

Ahhhh......they did, didn't they? I think my question is answered. I had already forgotten about that trade. Thanks.

------------------

14. KanHoop

KanHoop Member

I thought Lue was underutilized on the Lakers. At least until the Finals. He clearly played good D on Iverson.

Lil' ones like him don't get much run under Phil J., who likes Ron Harper-types at the point. I think he'll be a contributor with the Wizards. Interesting that Mike wants him when Phil doesn't.

------------------
    KanHoop
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- George W. Bush, Florence, S.C., January 11, 2000

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

16. Kingrene

Kingrene Member

That makes it official. I am wwwrrrrrroooo...... I am wrrrrrrrrrrr......I am wrrrrrrrroooooonnnnn...

never mind.

------------------

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

If you can grab and hold a guy and get away with it, that's called good defense. The object was to slow AI down, and Lue did his job better than most PGs could.

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

18. T-POOH

T-POOH Member

Come on. That isn't good defense at all. What is it if the refs do call it?

I think anyone can be a great defender if you are allowed to grab and hold your opponent.

------------------
    RIP HOOP-T

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

It's not good D if the refs catch you! Just like a good thief, the trick lies in getting away without being caught. Dennis Rodman was an excellent defender early in his career, in part due to his ability to do things without being caught doing them. You think the refs are going to side against Iverson, NBA superstar, on purpose? Or err on the side of helping the Worm?

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

20. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

That's a fallacy. I realize if it isn't called, it is technically a legal play. My point is this: Holding and grabbing your man does not make you a good defender.

Rodman is a different story entirely. First, it is much easier to get away with jersey grabbing, pushing and shoving, holding, etc. in the paint. A certain amount of that is expected anyway. But Rodman had exceptional athleticism, he was a great on the ball defender if you facing the basket or backing him down. He had great hands, and he also was very instinctive, his anticipation was good.

Not to mention his constant intimidation by talking, taunting, and getting under his opponents skin.

Lue had about 20 minutes of admitted cheating and he gets praises for being a good defender.

While Rodman, he had an entire career of being able to shut opponents down. Sure, he used some illegal tactics at times, but he was blessed with ability.....THAT made him a good defender much more than any holding or grabbing.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.