1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 3/22/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2005.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Had the same problem, network glitch. Great win by the Rox, thought this was a loss for sure. Loved the way the Rox ground it out in playoff style basketball, we look to be going deep in the playoffs. Game MVP to Deke and props to JVG for his excellent coaching and clock management during the last 2 minutes.

2. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Pros: Nice win :D
    Deke is the man.

Cons: It's one of those games that you would question Yao's basketball IQ.
    Tmac continues his shooting woe.
    Terrible choke by MJ and Tmac.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Grea coaching by JVG AND bad coaching by his brother Stan, who should have told Wade to foul earlier in the clock.

Experience gap I guess

4. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Sweet, buddy -- i was joking with you as well

You pulled out the rolly eyes?

5. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

this is more meaningful than just winning a game
    we broke the 12 game winning streak by heat

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It wasn't pretty, but this was a huge win for us. Not only did we get a win to get us back on track, but it's a huge confidence boost as we just stopped the best and hottest team in the league. Lets hope this momentum carrys us towards another hot streak.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

First of all, big win. That said, they need to hit their freebies down the stretch in the future.

But, they did get royally jobbed on that Damon Jones 4 point play as well. Mike James never touched him, Jones just gave the illusion to the officials he did by falling back to the ground. Collins and Harlan should have pointed that out instead of harping on the 4 point play. Finally, that last sequence of the game shows why I can't stand how the officials treat Shaq. He literally throws Mutumbo to the ground on the foul line and his team could have had a chance to tie the game had he been more aware. That should have been his sixth foul, and to top it off he has the audacity to whine at Deke. That last minute it seemed Miami was getting the calls on the opposing team's court. That's ridiculous.

But, like I said, very big win, and lastly, my POG goes to Dikembe Mutumbo. His rebounding tonight was really the difference.

8. jh3lau

jh3lau Member

and starts our new winning streaking (hopefully)

9. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Both Yao and T-Mac didn't play to their capabilities, and we still beat the best team in the East--that is a VERY good sign...

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Yao is claimed to have high basketball IQ. I seriously doubt it.

11. birdman

birdman Contributing Member

in fact CD told james he had no money to pay for BIG MACS, because he need to save some money to sign BIG YAO, so james picked up a foul reluctantly

#451 birdman, Mar 22, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  12. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

What a nail biter!

No props from the TNT crew though. They had to go into a spill about Miami not fouling soon enough, bla bla bla.

Charles made the comment that the run was made with Deke, with Yao on the bench.
    I think he missed the fact that Deke was holding down the fort, and we didn't necessarily need Yao for offense, since we held off Miami through the fourth quarter.

Regardless, Yao played very well, but got into foul trouble.

KISS IT CHARLES!

13. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

somebody needs to teach Mike James how to shoot freethrows before he turns into Bruce Bowen.

And someone remind Yao not to leave his brain at home the next time he comes to a game. You don't slap someone across their head just for fun when you have 5 fouls. If you're slow and you know you're not going to stop a guard penetrating anyways, why try??? Especially when you're already in foul trouble. Just let it go!

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

quite frankly it was the biggest win of the year.

say what you want about the phoenix/dallas run gun style give me a game like tonights grind it out every possession is super meaningful any day of the week.

Great job DEKE!

james: I still love ya but hit dem FTS!!!

Oh yeah thanks clutch for using my Deketacular headline! :D :D

15. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

Huge night, thanks rox, especially Deke!

16. syin1

syin1 Member

Charles Barkeley did not say we won, did not say we played great defense and just said one of our player's bad. What's this guy all about?

17. lhphpl

lhphpl Contributing Member

Forget it. He's just a big ass.

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

T-MAc: 26 point, 6 rbs, 5 ast, 4 stl, 2 blocks, 8-10 FT line. Good enough line for me.

If McGrady had shot better it would have looked more impressive, I know, but considering the SUFFOCATING defense by both teams, I think 8-27 is more understandable. Especially when you compare other players in the game with him who faced the same defense:

Wade: 4-19 FG, 4 TO
    Sura: 0-4
    Wesley: 4-12
    Barry: 2-6

I think the defense was great tonight, T-Mac was VERY well defended, and he was forced into at least 3-4 buzzer-beating shots that screwed up his percentage even more.

Still, I won't fuss up over the stats, WE WON, that is all anyone needs to know!:D

We were just the first team in 13 tries to beat the Miami Heat, with terrible long-range shooting at that, so THAT says something, doesn't it?

19. littlefish_220

Deke, you are the man!

20. wgray

wgray Member

man what a game! all game long thay where playing the add for 14 HOURS "houston defently has a problem" and at 1st i was like yes we do, then at the end i was like no we don't man i am happy i stayed at home tonight