1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I got my Mojo Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoT, Mar 17, 2005.

?

Who has gotten his Mojo back the most?

1. Sura

45 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. Wesley

63 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. Barry

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Howard

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. James

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Deke

39 vote(s)
    21.9%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. GoT

GoT Member

This season has been rejuvenating for most of our players. They have gotten back their Mojos. I think the Tmac and Yao and the relationship on the locker has allowed the other players to gain back their Mojos.

1.- Barry. Just look at the three point % leaders.
    2.- Wesley got his shot back, and is really hustling at defense.
    3.- Howard. Well this is a tough one since he has always been a 17-7 guy, but if you compare him from the beggining of the season, he got it back. Let's hope he brings it back from IL right away. We will need it.
    4.-Mike James is playing more minutes than in Detroit and Milwaukee. If you multiply his averages by the minutes he is getting, then you have aproximately the current numbers. However, his shooting percentage has been up since joining the rockets.
    5.-Mutombo. He has always played well, but of lately he is getting more impressive on the defensive end on blocks and rebounds.
    6.-Sura. I think sura is like a good wine or cognac. He is getting better as he gets older. He is a different player since last year second half (Playing with atlanta). This year, I think, he has learned the game from the point guard position. He has become a floor general; although, I think he does not want to risk turnovers by passing to Yao on the low post.
    7.- Then, we have the rest of the players who have played their role to their expectations.

I also wanted to make a poll tp see who do you think has gotten his Mojo back the most.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Wesley has been knocking down everything in sight lately after a slow start with NO and an even slower start after the trade.

Deke definitely has his mojo, but he has had it the entire time, IMO.

3. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Deke been wagging that finger... big time Mojo

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I had left Barry for dead.

Interesting thing: There were only 2 seasons in his career (99-00 Sac, 01-02 Detroit) when he averaged more in scoring than he's giving us this year. And only once (01-02 Detroit) has he averaged more assists or rebounds.

If that's not something, at the age of 35, I don't know what is.

Evan

5. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I'd have to say Barry, just because I think he wasn't getting any playing time on his previous team.

Is that correct? Otherwise, Wesley has been scorching the net. :eek:

6. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

7. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

sura is still amazing to me. i had pretty much forgotten this guy til we signed him. at least he's not that annoying rook playing for the cavs anymore- his game has truely evolved.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I voted for Sura. I've watched the guy play since he came into the league and I never knew he had this much game. Someone mentioned in another thread that the Rockets' record with him starting is 30-11. That's insane. He's almost as valuable to this team as Nash is to the Suns.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sura, I used to watch him occasionally when they showed Hawks games. But I had no idea he had these kinds of skills. I mean, I know he could play, but the dude is everywhere doing everything.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sura's career was over. now he is one of our MVP's.

11. Uprising

I was going to vote for WES because of how good he has been for us. But he has always been a good player.

Sura on the other hand. Well, like Smoothie, I thought his career was about up. You never heard about him on tv etc. But this season, he has been insane for us. He is a Mr. DoItAll, and that is exactly what we need on the floor as our pg.

12. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I would have to say Sura ..

He was banished to the Hawks and even though he as putting up decent numbers he wasnt being talked about like he is now.. becoming a legitimate star.

J

13. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

T-mac...

dude was an unhappy person in a losing situation...left a bad organization for a good one. Became a legit MVP candidate..ditched the "selfish" tag...

14. Uprising

Why didn't you vote for him? There is an other choice.

15. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I voted for Deke because Sura was still playing good last season. Deke has totally come from outa nowhere to be a legitmate, possibly the best backup in the league, at center

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

I say Deke. Wes and Sura were on bad teams in bad situations, but they still could do things. Deke however for a while looked like his career was about to fold. Now he has eye setting on kareem for the 2nd best all time shot blocker. He definitely had his mojo back after joining us.

17. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

I watched Sura 3 years ago when he was playing in Bay Area. He always showed great versatility. Only reason that he wasn't much noticed was because he turned the ball over often and Arenas was playing even better.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I voted for Wesley. He wasn't shooting well at the beginning. Now he can't miss.

I'd say Mutombo is second. Man, I thought this guy was just collecting his pay checks and shopping for retirement home. Seeing him jumping all over the place blocking shots, getting rebounds, chasing the pnr on defense . . . wow.

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I voted for Deke. He's looked absolutely dead since he was traded to Jersey. At least with Sura, you had him performing at a near-triple-double level for the latter half of last season.

20. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I voted Sura, but you have to give props to Wesley. Over 50% from the field and over 50% from three point land in the last 18 games...and he gets out and runs for easy layups.